Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once upon a time on Pet Talk

If I recall correctly, Wanda's husband posted a few times after she passed away, mostly to let us know. I think there was an update on Ritzy also. I hope they are both doing well...and that maybe he may post here now and again.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I think one of the things I have been able to do that made me the happiest - and that was to go back to Findlay for one of the picnics - when I also got to meet Phred. If there was anyone who ever made you want to just jump up and give him a big hug - it was Phred. You simply loved him - he was such a wonderful man who did so much for so many - human and four leggers too. He called me after I broke my femur and I was in the hospital. He called a couple of times and he was such a great support and cheered me up so much.

Karen thank you for starting this thread - because it is you and Paul that have given us the opportunity to meet such wonderful people and pet owners. I will always be eternally grateful.

Lots of love to all..................from Gini, Annie and Emma

I miss them all, especially John, of course. He was fun and inspiring to be with, and always very helpful to all of his friends. I SO miss him! It was sad that he didn't live long enough to attend the 3rd BBQ at Gini's - he would have enjoyed it so much! He talked about hiring a car and planned to drive to many places in CA, and even visit Arizona.

Phred was a really special guy and such a big help to everyone who needed advise, whether it was about "plumbing" problems in cats, fire extinguisher info or other things, and he had exceptionally good organizing skills. Because of Phred, many PTalkers met at Findlay.

Wanda, I think about when I see this thread that John started - Ritzy was part of that: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...eline+princess

And Corinna was a really nice lady. She made some fantastic things out of wool she spun herself, hair from several PT furbabies.

Molly, I didn't know that well, but Terry was a big part of PT and it's not so long ago we lost her.

May they all Rest in Peace!
    Last edited by Randi; 12-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you, Karen, for bringing Phred to life again. This is not my favorite time of year, even though it was his. We have lost too many family members his time of year, including him. I loved reading the story of Smokey's adoption and naming. The PT side of John was one that I was not aware of until I met the PT attendees at his funeral. This is a special site for me, as it brings me closer to the brother I never really knew. Best wishes to all for a healthy and happy New Year.

Nancy (Phred's sister and mom to Bibette & Lulu)

Good to hear from you, Nancy! Hope you and the kitties stay warm and safe during this storm!

It's funny

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?" is traditionally a New Year's Eve song, but I was thinking of them all at Christmas time, and still am.
    I've Been Frosted

Sadly, I'm just now finding out about Terry. I'm not on here much but I do treasure all the posts from members I've grown to "know". As for Phred, I will always believe that his Pup Pawrayers during Bean's absence is what helped guide his way home That post made me laugh and cry at the same time sitting at my desk at work...my co-worker thought I was nuts

Hi Mary - MruffRuff!

and Hi Nancy!

yes what a great thread! Tonya and I sure do talk about Phred often but I think both of us were glad that he was there to welcome our 4 pets that passed this year. And I am fairly certain Phred had a hand in a certain little brown dog that has his head on my lap as I'm typing this.

Happy New Year my (our) old Friends - you may be gone but you will never be forgotten!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

And I will think of them all again tonight, whoever I hear "Auld Lang Syne" and think of the many family members and friends who have gone before us.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen

Karen
    I have seen posting on here about Phred
    Thank you for putting the link of the cinder thread
    I really enjoyed reading it. It was very funny and heartwarming
    Those pups kept him on his toes and everyone else entertained

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post
    Karen
    I have seen posting on here about Phred
    Thank you for putting the link of the cinder thread
    I really enjoyed reading it. It was very funny and heartwarming
    Those pups kept him on his toes and everyone else entertained
    And are still keeping laps warm - see photographic evidence in this thread!
    I've Been Frosted