Thread: Pistol and Rous Opossum

Pistol and Rous Opossum

Meet Pistol. Rous's new girlfriend.

50 sharp teeth!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

And then there's ROUS...and well, you don't really need any explanation.

He is a giant LUG and loves falling asleep in bed, on the couch, the papasan chair (or under it), or anything else he seems to find that's comfy. As you can see he's grown since the last time I visited Pet Talk. Here he is grooming daddy.

His favorite thing to do is sleep with his eyes open. He loves to freak people out that way.

Here he is enjoying more sleepy time, with our dog Kholi.

Big yawn!

Pistol
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I have to admit, when I see these in my backyard (I think I saw one walking the top of the fence this morning) they freak me out. But your two are just friggin adorable!!! Make me look at them in a whole new way. Not that I'll go out and try to make friends with the one in my backyard or anything.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Good to see Rous is doing well! And welcome to Pet Talk, Pistol!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww, my dream pet! Seriously! I've always thought they were the cutest things ever, and yours are no exception.
    Whats the story on Pistol?
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Welcome Pistol! Both of you are adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    Pistol looks like a character. Congratulations
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

So sweet! The sleeping pic makes him look like a little panda.

They are adorable! What sweet, expressive faces they have. Never having seen an opossum in the flesh before, I never realised how big they got! Thanks so much for sharing these pics, they truly are precious.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Pistol was brought to me by a friend's relative. She was found living underneath an oven with her two siblings. She was extremely anemic when we found her, riddled with fleas and other parasites. But she has a weird eye issue. I will have to film it. We believe she still might be able to be released, and we will see about that come spring. We are not doing much as far as socialization goes, in case we can release her. She is a great eater, a good climber, forager etc.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Rous is about as large as our fattest cat, and they get even larger yet! We think he is a handsome boy.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major