http://www.slate.com/articles/health..._kill_you.html

Could your cat kill you, on purpose?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Cats are more likely to prolong the life of their owners, not kill people!
    I've Been Frosted

Only time my cats nearly killed me was back when it was Chessie and Casey. I was going down the stairs with a heavy basket of laundry, requiring the use of both hands. I'd seen Chessie lying on the bottom step, so I was carefully going down the carpetted steps (no shoes, just socks on my feet).

Part of the way down, Casey decided to chase Chessie up the stairs. As I went to step forward onto the next step down, I felt somebody go under my foot. Not wanting to step on the cats, I moved my foot forward, missing the step and the next one down. I went spinning/tumbling. The laundry basket went flying. The cats went running. And I ended up on my back on the floor with my feet and legs pointed up the stairs and clothes all over.

Casey went into the kitchen. Chessie cautiously crept towards me with a scared look on his face like he realized that they'd just nearly killed their human. Fortunately, I was okay after a little while, but there's still a gouge in the wall where the laundry basket went flying.