Thread: My sweet baby SOURPATCH went to the rainbow bridge this morning

Hybrid View

My sweet baby SOURPATCH went to the rainbow bridge this morning

I had to put my baby down this morning. he had lost another pound since he was there
    in Oct. The vet felt a tumor in his intestines that was not there 2 months ago.
    He was FIV pos. so the steroids would not have been good for his immune system.
    He was down to 6.5 pounds
    I have been crying all day.
    Play hard at the bridge my sweet boy I love you baby
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sourpatch 014 a.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	55556
    Last edited by maid25cats; 12-20-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Rest in peace, dear one, your health struggles now are over. Send you mom some purrs in her dreams to let her know you are okay now!
    I've Been Frosted

Such a sweet, dear face. Rest in Peace little one. You won't be forgotten.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My deepest sympathies

I want to extend my deepest sympathies on the loss of Sourpatch. Please know that as long as there are wonderful groups like this your little one will not be forgotten. His life will be your remembered here in your posts and in the help that you give other pet owners by making them.

Bless you, little one.
    Take time for the small joys life has to offer for they will allow your soul to sing.

Sourpatch - a handsome grey tuxedo boy. You did the best and most loving thing for him although it hurts so so badly.

Sending gentle {{{hugs}}}.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How old was he? I am so sorry for your loss of Sourpatch. Sending you hugs at this sad time.

I am so very sorry for your loss, it is so heartbreaking when we loose our sweet furbabies, sourpatch was indeed a beautiful kitty and so loved by you, i hope you can find some comfort here with us at this very sad and difficult time, my heartfelt sympathy to you and to all those who loved sourpatch,HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

So sorry to hear about Sourpatch. Hugz
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank-you everyone for your kind words.

Freedom he was about 13 or 14. He was a stray that I use to see walking through the yards.I would always call to him but
    he would keep walking about 5yrs. this went on, then finally the summer of 2007 he walk up to the porch looking for food.
    he was in bad shape. covered with ticks and big knots in his fur. It took the whole summer but we were finally able to gain his trust and when winter came I took him to the vet to be checked and fixed. The vet estimated him to be about 8-9 then
    This is right after he got fixed. he was about 12 pounds.

Name:	sour patch 025.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	624.5 KB 
ID:	55565
    Last edited by maid25cats; 12-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Godspeed, precious Sourpatch......
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Sourpatch. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry about Sourpatch. You took him in and loved him very much.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Blog Entries

Unhappy I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post
    I had to put my baby down this morning. he had lost another pound since he was there
    in Oct. The vet felt a tumor in his intestines that was not there 2 months ago.
    He was FIV pos. so the steroids would not have been good for his immune system.
    He was down to 6.5 pounds
    I have been crying all day.
    Play hard at the bridge my sweet boy I love you baby

Name:	Sourpatch 014 a.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	55556
    I am so sorry that you have lost your baby. He was so fortunate to have a mom that loved and cared for him every day. You were so lucky to have him. Bless you for all you do for the critters God has entrusted to you. This is my Sylvesters stone...I will never forget him. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Life 013.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	55752
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/entry.ph...ife-after-love <---click
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Thank you
    catmandu , Randi and Sindy.
    your wordS made me smile and cry at the same time.

Sindy
    I just did some posting in the cat of the day and read your blog
    that was on a link in Sams cat of the day postings.
    Your story made me cry that you and Charcoal lost Sylvester.
    and that Charcoal missed Sylvester so much and then you also lost Charcoal.

I am happy that you were able to open your home and your heart to not 1 but 2 kittens

My first cat I had, a stray I named Beasty Girl was home all alone.
    I decided to get a kitten to keep her company.
    The kitten Twilight followed her around and annoyed her.
    My Sweet Angel was hit by a car in front of the house, she was only 9 months old.
    I was devistated I cried everyday for a month on the way to work, when I got home,
    in the shower ect.
    The cat who didn't really pay her no mind,was walking around looking for her, calling her
    and she lost about a pound or two. She was missing her as much I was.
    My husband talked me into going to the shelter and getting another kitten for her and for me.
    Littlebit helped us both heal
    Last edited by maid25cats; 01-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Bless you for taking pain upon yourself to spare your beloved Sourpatch. He is SO blessed to have YOU for his human! He's waiting at the Bridge, gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy. Try to be happy for him even as you cry for your self - and you do need to cry. The pain will ease in time, but the scar will remain until you are reunited with him - both of you whole and happy. May Sourpatch's Creator hold you gently and lead your heart to peace.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea