My kitten is 8 months old. He was a rescue but not from a rescue shelter. He was a lone kitten left after the others in the litter were killed. He has grown a lot since we got him but he was diagnosed with a heart murmur when he was first seen by the vet 6 months ago. Now he is having coughing fits and his appetite is not good all of a sudden. He drinks water well and does not seem to have any issues with that, but when he eats if he will today it seems the food does not settle and he throws up almost in a couple minutes. Since I am not an experience cat owner and have not had a lot of knowledge on their care and tendencies, I am asking for any help I can get. Does he need to be taken in to the vet? He likes his vet and they are very kind to him so this is not an issue, but I do not want to be wasting their time if this is not a concern. I will have to admit to being a bit panicked but I love this little guy to pieces and it is hard to watch this.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me. If you want to tell me I am being over worried and to stop it that will be okay. I would rather have someone tell me I am being silly than not ask and find out it was serious and I was not being concerned enough.