Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May be losing my only means of transportation. Prayers PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Just got a call from a guy who works with our senior center here. He thanked me for my letter to the editor. He is working with the bus people too trying to get the funding. He said it was one of the best letters ever and is going to keep it.

He is getting a list of the businesses in town to give to our city manager to see about donations.
    It is so nice to have an ally in this battle. I feel lots more positive now.

He did ask for prayers so please keep them coming.
    I thank you again for them.

Good for you. Sounds like there is a real chance to get positive results for you & others. Will continue with
    prayers from Indy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thinking of you and praying for good news! I'm glad you have an ally in this battle. If there's one, there's more... hopefully your letter will bring them out of the woodwork.

Well done, Connie! That's great that you already have an ally.

Prayers and good wishes are continuing from us, too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Great news! The businesses in town might lose a few customers if bus service is no longer offered. I wonder if they thought about that?

More prayers going out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So sorry you are going through this kind of problem...budget cuts, seems we hear that every day and it also seems it only applies to lay people. Wonder why the representatives who should be working for us don't take a cut in pay to help keep the buses going.
    I'm flabbergasted to say the least that this would happen anywhere. Do you have Red Cross where you are? Our Red Cross has volunteer drivers to take them to appointments, shopping, hairdressers etc etc. And they will also give anyone a day a week to do housework if they are unable. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is some kind of volunteers where you are that will be able to help you out-- sending up prayers also and hope they help. Keep us posted on the impact your letter has.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    So sorry you are going through this kind of problem...budget cuts, seems we hear that every day and it also seems it only applies to lay people. Wonder why the representatives who should be working for us don't take a cut in pay to help keep the buses going.
    I'm flabbergasted to say the least that this would happen anywhere. Do you have Red Cross where you are? Our Red Cross has volunteer drivers to take them to appointments, shopping, hairdressers etc etc. And they will also give anyone a day a week to do housework if they are unable. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is some kind of volunteers where you are that will be able to help you out-- sending up prayers also and hope they help. Keep us posted on the impact your letter has.
    Our Red Cross closed down last year and even the Salvation Army moved out. We have about 8,500 people in town. Not the smallest town around but not the biggest either. Way big enough to need alternate transportation for the citzens who need it. Thanks for the prayers. They seem to be working!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

my letter may be causing some negative reaction. Since they publised my name now people know I live alone with no close friends or family and am vernable. My name and addy are in the phone book after all.

This morning my trash can was knocked over. It's a big metal trash can. I can hardly move it. It has sat in the same spot since I put it there over 6 years ago.

I put the icky trash, cans and stuff bag non the bottom, then put the used kitty litter bags on top of that. No dog has ever come near it.

There were holes in the big bag that had cat food cans and the icky stuff in it, but not like it would be torn and scattered like a dog would have done. One padded envelope was out laying a bit away. Made me think someone was checking info. I know they didn't find any because I always make sure all names and addresses are not on anything I throw out. AND the bags that had the heavy used kitty litter were sitting right beside each other in the opposite direction that the barrel fell in. No way they would have landed there.

What really makes me think it was human is the driver's side door on my old car was pried open and now will not shut. I didn't call the police because they would just tell me that's what I get for having that car just sitting there.
    More prayers please.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Call the police to report the vandalism at least! And mention your car along with that.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The police should not say that's what you get for leaving the car sitting there!! But also, that would be proof that the garbage was done by human........not animal. I also think you should call the police. Even if nothing comes of it, at least it is on record.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Definitely call the police to get the report on record. And if the car is insured at all, the insurance may pay to get it fixed, so at least the door can shut.
    I've Been Frosted

The police would probably give me a ticket for having such a pile of junk in my drive way. The city passed an ordinace against cars like that a few years back to keep people from keeping a collection of cars on bricks in their yards.

I do have it tagged but only enough insurance to keep the tags. They didn't get the door completely open. It was stuck shut from sitting there for 6 years so really no harm done. It just won't shut tight. I'm hoping that maybe the lock is just frozen and will shut completly this afternoon when it's warmer outside. It used to freeze like that even when it ran.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I still think you should call the police to make sure there's a report on this just in case you have more trouble. Maybe you could try leaving a light on outside after dark to scare any mischief away. Why not write another letter thanking whoever did this, I'm sure it would hit home.
    Sounds like they're closing the whole town down, doesn't make much sense to close down all the volunteer agencies. Maybe you need a huge dog along with your kitties.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Just went out and the door shut. problem is I have suspisions but no proof of anything. The car has been sitting there for years. Maybe something just rotten inside the door and jarred it loose just enough it wasn't shutting tight. There were no pry marks on the door. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. I am getting older now and been under a lot of stress this week.

I do have a neighbor right across the alley who has a large boxer dog. That is one that runs loose every morning dragging trash through the entire block. She could have tipped the trash barrel over but has never even gone near it before. She prefers the easy plastic trash cans to terrorise.

I'll just wait and see if anything else happends. I did think of leaving the back porch light on but don't want to invite anyone to come snooping around the house.
    Thanks for all the help and prayers.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Continuing prayers, Connie...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers continue from Indy. This latest series of storms that have come through had high winds with it. Could have been that
    that tipped the trash can, or like you said, the big dog.I don't see how anyone could get bent out of shape over the idea of trying to
    save the bus transportation.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt