Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news...

Bad news...

Well the bad things just keep stacking up for me...my dad is dying, he has cancer and it's spread, he's refusing treatment so it's really a matter of time.

Last week a wonderful woman I've worked with for 8 years passed away suddenly.

Really believing I'm not meant for any sort of happiness. However I did get a fantastic cuddle from both kitties this morning.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

{{{hugs}}}

"This too shall pass" includes good and bad things. I'm glad you had a great cuddle from your furbabies today.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he can be kept comfortable.

For me, I am grateful that YOU are alive and well. That is a good thing!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sending you {hugs} but mine won't be nearly as nice as what the kitties gave to you!

Very sorry to read of your Dad's situation. It is so hard to watch our parents age and get sick.

And the work friend passing suddenly is a shock to everyone; my Mum passed suddenly, so I've experienced that as well.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry, Gayle. {{{Hugs}}}. I pray that the doctors will be able to keep him as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.

When my Dad was diagnosed with cancer in the early 70's, he too made the decision to forego chemo and radiation, since the cancer was already so far advanced. The doctors had told him that even with treatment, he might possibly gain an extra 2 or 3 months. Dad decided it wasn't worth the additional misery of the treatment, and refused it. Sadly, sometimes that is the only reasonable action to take.

You and your family will be in my prayers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, Gayle, I am so sorry to hear this news. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and your father, too.

Wow, sorry to hear that, I had the same type of situation with my mom.

-----------------

Sometimes the unhappiness in life is a set up for the calmer times to come.

There will be the day when you will look back and say, "Wow, those were some brutal days to go thru. How did I make it?"

You can and will make it and the days when nothing is going on will be your reward for being strong.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

I'll say a little prayer for your dad and you.

You will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    You will get through this, it won't be easy but you will. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It might seem far away, you might not see it at all. But it is there never the less We're all on your side, keep the faith

My Aunt Dottie died from cancer, and she said the one positive thing was, it was slow enough that she got to say good-bye to the ones she cared about. Enjoy this time you still have with you Dad, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Gayle, I'm so sorry.

I'm glad to know the kitties are on cuddle patrol.

Prayers and loving thoughts and good wishes for you and your Dad.

Love from Pat (and cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry, Gayle. You have my support, fully.

HUGZ HUGZ although kitty HugZ are the best!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. You are all a wonderful bunch of people.

Talked with my mom at length last evening. Dad is showing no outward signs of being ill at all, which is good I guess. He has had an aortic aneurism in his chest for many years now, it's finally at the point where it needs surgery. During their preop process they found the lung cancer and it's spread to his adrenals. They cannot do surgery for either condition he has and he is refusing chemo, doesn't want to be ill for whatever remaining days he has. It is entirely likely the aneurism will take him before the cancer. It is now a game of wait and see, he could carry on for a long time, or not. He is continuing his meds for his schizophrenia, which is good, particulary for my mom.

If we can get a few days when the highways will be in good shape I will drive out to visit them.

Thanks again for your support. Love you all!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Oh, Gayle, I am so sorry to hear this news. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and your father, too.
    From me, too (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

More {{{hugs}}} going out to you. I hope you get to drive up there soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda