Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fister's throat felt normal, the vet said

Oh, this all sounds promising, Randi! What a good boy you are, Fister, eating and drinking your Whiskas and the Temptation treats mixed with water!

We continue to send along loads of prayers and warm healing energies and loving get well wishes.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well, if it is the thyroid, then there's medicine for it. I can't remember the name the vet mentioned, but I think he said that in that case, Fister should continue taking it the rest of his life. I hope it won’t be necessary.

I haven’t got the results yet, had to go out shopping, so not sure if they called. Will let you know.

Keep sending positive thoughts, please.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear sweet Fister, please keep eating and drinking! We you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sending positive and loving thoughts for dear Fister. Please give him a little kiss from me.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Fister.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Still thinking good thoughts for Fister!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you again, everyone. For the first time in a week, Fister drank out of his glass yesterday and has drunk a little today, also. I guess he is fed up with me putting a syringe in his mouth. He has eaten a little, too, but I keep giving him the appetite booster.

When I was down doing the laundry, he wanted to come with me, so I let him out in the yard for 5-10 min. and he walked back up the steep staircase by himself.

I called the vet, but he's not there today, it's his day for home visits. His assistant said that he might have sent all the bloodwork to Germany, so I don't know when I will get the results. I just assumed that it was only the T4 I had to wait for, since he usually gives me the results for Glucose, Liver and Kidney shortly after the examination.

Well, keep sending Fister positive thoughts, please!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sounds good, hope you get those results back soon!
    I've Been Frosted

Randi, along with Annie and Emma, we are sending up lots of prayers and positive thoughts for our
    dear friend, Fister.

We just cannot have that boy ill. But I like the good news that he is eating some and drinking water
    for you too.

come on Fister - you can do it!!!

XXOO
    Gini

I am just now seeing that Fister has been under the weather. So sorry to hear this. I hope his test results come out okay. He is one of my favorite handsome orange kitty boys. Love to all and Merry Christmas.

Prayers for Fister's health! And hugx for you.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you! Fister has been eating a bit today also, even some dry food - K/D. It has more fat, so most cats like it. I just can't understand why he won't drink. What could cause that? I have used frsh cold water and also tried boiled tepid water. I will try to put a few Temptations in it again. The vet checked him over and he could not see any problems anywhere. His coat is nice and his eyes, too. I'm going to use that syringe again, when he comes out of his new fancy bed he got from a dear friend in England.

Will post a few pics one of these days.

Randi I think there are a few PT cats who are on thyroid meds for life, just like some humans are. It seems to me that they are quite inexpensive.

You are giving Fister more moisture in his food so maybe that is why his drinking isn't back to what it was.

Praying for good news of something that is very treatable!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks Candace. Just now, he ate a little more K/D and when I put a glass of water under his nose, he drank. Perhaps he just wants it all served in bed.

Hope he continues to feel good. Heck when they get older they all deserve a little extra tlc. All Grandma has to do is look at the bed and I pick her up and put her on it. Well, since she is blind she just needs to point her head in that direction.

Hope you and Fister have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~