Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing Gus & Lizzie

Congrats!!! They're both adorable and I hope that they get over their kitty colds quickly. Gus sure sounds like a real lovebug. I've never had a cat that loved to be held and loved hugs until I adopted Alani. He's such a big boy now but he's always ready for his daily hugs. He's pretty heavy so I can't hug him for very long but if it was up to him he'd be hugging me all day. I'm sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you'll heal up quickly. I'm sure that K'Cee did have her paw in guiding you to these two kitties. They won't ever replace her but they sure will help you begin to heal from your loss. I hope that everything goes well and I look forward to hearing more about Gus & Lizzie and hopefully seeing many more pictures of them too.

Gorgeous kitties! K'Cee, like many kitties that have gone to the RB, clearly had a succession plan in mind.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Awwww they are both adorable! Congrats! Sounds like it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post

.....I'll admit I'm dealing with guilt.... they were adopted very soon after losing my K'Cee. And I'm still clearly "looking for her" in any cat I see but my house was oh-so-quiet, I LOATHED coming home......
    This is exactly how I felt when I lost Nakita. When I adopted Steve and Gigi I was so mad at myself. They were so independant and played with each other - but I wanted a cat that wanted me. I soon found that's exactly what happened but it's so so hard to realize you have brought other cats in the house that don't resemble the last. You try not to compare but you want that familiar soul to reappear - even just a little.

Go easy on yourself, enjoy the new fur and their different personalities. Keep K'Cee close - but make sure to make a little room to allow these ones to wiggle their way into your heart in their own special way.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm never on here anymore but always try to drop by during the Christmas season.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Blue View Post
    This is exactly how I felt when I lost Nakita. When I adopted ... I was so mad at myself. ... it's so so hard to realize you have brought other cats in the house .... You try not to compare but you want that familiar soul to reappear - even just a little.
    Exactly this. You said it perfectly.

----------
    Gus and Lizzie thank everyone for the welcome wagon!