Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	55545

Lizzie
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0669_zps5fca07cd.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	55544

Not the best of pics but they haven't actually made up with me yet (it doesn't help that I had surgery on my ankle on Monday and am on crutches/have a huge splint -- they are terrified of both).

They are littermates, 8 months old. In May, Dallas Animal Control was to put +100 pregnant cats, momma cats & their kittens, and weaned kittens to sleep. The Humane Society of West Texas stepped in and took over 100 of them. These two are from that rescue.

Gus is much bigger than Lizzie (I would hazzard a guess that she might be a runt) and he melts into you when you hold him. He's an "old soul" and literally gives hugs - one paw on each shoulder. He doesn't seek attention but once you catch him, you'll get tired of holding him before he gets tired of being held. Lizzie is much more timid but is slowly revealing herself to be quite a flirt.

I'll admit I'm dealing with guilt.... they were adopted very soon after losing my K'Cee. And I'm still clearly "looking for her" in any cat I see but my house was oh-so-quiet, I LOATHED coming home. Eerily, they were born on my mom's birthday, adopted on her 4th anniversary of being cancer free (I was a bad kid, wallowing in self-pity from the loss of my heart cat, and failed to realize this until later), and the vet who worked with the humane society/did their immunizations was named "Casey." All good signs, I think.

They're gorgeous!
    Welcome to your new home, sweet ones!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Welcome home, and welcome to Pet Talk, kitties! You are gonna be such loved kitties, any bad memories will fade away.
    I've Been Frosted

ADORABLE babies!

Welcome HOME, kitties! And God bless you for adopting them from that massive rescue. I think K'Cee just might have had a hand, or paw, in guiding you to them.

God bless you all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh my! Good morning, Gus and Lizzie! Welcome to your new home, precious ones! I do believe you were meant to be with Zippy-Kat!

I had those ebil crutch stick thingies for eight weeks. That was 4 years ago. And a walking boot, too. Cassie didn't like either of them. I tried to be careful that the ebil crutch stick thingies were never too close to her tail. But the walking boot had a much bigger surface area than a regular shoe. The first couple weeks I was constantly asking her to move. She knew something was wrong with me and was being clingy, and I was having such a hard time moving with the boot and the crutches. Hang in there, kitties - meowmie won't have those forever. Just for now. (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

AWwwww. They are so beautiful! You have a good home kitties. Hope you feel better soon, Zippycat.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Tonya Gus and Lizzie are adorable and just what you need to heal your heart. Don't feel guilt, feel glad that you are able to give these little ones a wonderful and loving home. K'Cee is so proud of her mommie.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Hello to you Gus and Lizzie to you from al of we Rescued Cats at the Found Cat Hotel.
    What wonderul Christmas gift for you Terrific Tabbies to go from a crowded shelter to such a Great FurrEver Home where you will never be hungry or lonely again.
    Hooray for you both and we know that you will repay your new Guardian and best friend many times over for thegreat boon that you have recieved.
    This is a Great Christmas feel good thread.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Definitely sounds like all the signs were there to me! They are adorable and I can't wait to see more pictures of them as they get settled in.

Welcome to a wonderful home and Pet Talk Gus and Lizzie!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks, all. I sure hope they come around soon. I'm non-weight bearing for TWELVE weeks.

They're going to have a rude awakening then.... the naughties are jumping on the counters. They had their first appointment with my vet yesterday (they both have a touch of a cold) and I couldn't find Lizzie. By chance, I looked up and saw two eyes peeking at me from behind the keurig. It's too hard to get after them on crutches but soon they will meet "the water bottle of doom!"

Hee hee - hopefully they will think of it as that! A certain kitty nephew of mine LOVED the water bottle spray, so it was not a deterrent at all!
    I've Been Frosted

Gus and Lizzie, sounds to me like you've been rescued twice (once when pulled from death row, now by being adopted) and I bet you rescue Tanya from herself, ha haa. You 2 will keep her 'hopping' with the crutches, from the sounds of it! Welcome to your furever PT home, kitties.

Gus and Lizzie what adorable bablies you are!!! It won't be long before you have your mommy wrapped around your little paws.

My Chip, the naughty, says take advantage of the crutch thingies your mommy is wearing and explore as much as you can. I am an uber mean mommy and have a squirt bottle that I can reach him from almost any where in the room. (not that that slows him down much)

I am sure Miss K'Cee engineered the entire event of getting you two to your new home. She would not want her mommy feeling sad or guilty or lonely for one second.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very sweet!

They are adorable!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever