Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The first pictures of Ebony!!

The first pictures of Ebony!!

Yes, she`s here!! I don`t think she is too impressed though!

Who are you?

Do I really have to stay?

I put her in my junk room/Dannielles playroom, hence all the toys. She did come out of the carrier once and had a little look around half the room, should have had my camera ready then! Anyway, I stayed in there with her for about an hour, just not doing anything really, just sitting and reading the stuff the shelter gave me. I was VERY tempted to try to get her out, (I want to fuss her!) but I didn`t, I know I have to be patient.
    Bob has seen her, in the carrier that is. I put her on the kitchen table when I came in and of course he jumps up to take a look and sniff, I am not sure what she did but there was a noise like she bashed the carrier door, I told him leave, which he was already doing, lol, and sent him to his bed and that was that. They sort of watched each other while I got a cup of tea and put some shopping away.
    Well, thats the story so far. Be sure, there will be updates and pictures galore!!
    Got to go see if shes ok

What a lot of toys she will have to play with (just kidding!)

She is a beauty and lives up to her name!

She'll come around, I'm sure! (Now whisper a message in Bob's ear for me...."come on big boy! make her welcome!")

She's so pretty. Congrats on getting your new cat!!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Aw, she's really pretty! Congrats on your new addition to your family

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Congrats on bringing her home Chris! She is beautiful!!!
    Give her time to get used to her new surroundings and don't be surprised if she decides to play with some of those toys in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep.
    It sounds like she may already have the upper paw with Bob, maybe she will be the boss of the two of them.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

She's adorable!!! Congrats on your new addition.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    It sounds like she may already have the upper paw with Bob, maybe she will be the boss of the two of them.
    In most of the cases: kitties rule!
    She's so sweet.
    A little scared but curious. Give her time!
    What a beauty!

Ebony, you are beautiful! Don't be scared that you are staying in a room that resembles Santa's Workshop!!! He he he...

Be patient, Chris, Ebony will come to love and trust you in no time!

Oh! Ebony is gorgeous!!! I am in love!

She'll come out eventually...she is just scared and is unsure of her new surroundings. Lots of soft talking to her will calm her....as well as one of those feather toys. Play with it by yourself and she'll come out.

Let us know how it goes.

There is another Ebony at the shelter we help out at that has stolen my heart. She looks just like your Ebony...and is a huge sweetie. I really think I would take her home in an instant...but, alas, she hates other cats.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thanks everyone. She has come out of the carrier and gone into hiding! She is under the sofa bed, lying on top of a deflated Teletubbies tent and the funny thing is that Id put pillows on the sofa thinking maybe she`d like to get comfortable on it.lol. I plan to leave her be, just go and sit in there now and again, read a book or something.
    Originally written by Cataholic
    Ebony, you are beautiful! Don't be scared that you are staying in a room that resembles Santa's Workshop!!! He he he...
    That is closer to the truth than you think, there are even more in other parts of the room!
    Ive been meaning to sort it out for ages, in fact I told Dannielle we should do it before Ebony came. As we haven`t, yesterday she asked if maybe it would delay Ebony coming and could she help me clear some out! She was very happy when I told her it was ok.
    Back later!

She is so beautiful!! Congrats getting your new furbaby!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

What a beauty! And she's starting to come out of her shelter already -- great sign. Keep in mind that we love photos as she explores more and more.

I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh Hurray you got her Chris. Isn't she gorgeous? She looks a little like Bagel and such a cutie-pie!! She'll settle in very soon no doubt. Enjoy having such a beautiful furbaby,
    {{{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

I can see how you fell in love with her, what a beauty Look forward to seeing more pics as she settles in. I'm so excited for you!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Ebony is lovely!!!! Don't be surprised if you can't find her later. I had one hide so well once, I thought he escaped.....even though I knew that was impossible. But you are doing all the right things. Just staying in their quietly with her, she can see, hear (if you talk to yourself....and you should) and smell you and get used to all those things. Can't wait for updates.