Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We do not own a cat

What a sweetie he is, and he chose to come and visit The Mayor of Pet Talk of all people - smart boy! So glad you're looking after him and finding him a safe home.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

He probably checks every first-floor apartment and then discovers who is sympathetic enough to feed him! Ours has the added attraction of the fact that I put bird seed out, which means the sparrows and other wild birds land here, which is of course a big kitty attractor!
    I've Been Frosted

Here is Tiger, a better version of his actual color, asleep in a "safe corner" likely dreaming of a home with a real cat bed, not suspecting that he'll be bundled off to the v-e-t later for an initial check!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    He probably checks every first-floor apartment and then discovers who is sympathetic enough to feed him! Ours has the added attraction of the fact that I put bird seed out, which means the sparrows and other wild birds land here, which is of course a big kitty attractor!
    He looks comfy, like he is used to being inside. Hopefully he will get to be an inside cat somewhere. I swear cats have their version of Hobo Code.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

He has been to the vet - he is officially a neutered male, healthy, no microchip and 10 pounds. He will hopefully meet his new human tomorrow if all goes well!

He did fine in the car ride home, meowed on the way there but was silent coming back, and while he called the guy who did the exam every nasty name he could manage, he did not bite or scratch him.
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Awww Tiger, you've had a rough day. Just a little longer until you meet your (hopefully) forever home.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Hi Mayor Karen,
    I'm sending you lots of purrs, headbumpies, and kitty kisses to thank you for helping Tiger - our fellow kitty in need. We kitties know where we can go when we need something good to eat, a warm place to stay, and get some lovies. Because of you, Tiger knows how good we PT kitties are treated but more than that he was loved again. He looks as if he has been your very own kitty for a long time - so comfortable. Do you think his new purrents will bring him to PT? I'm sure all of my kitty pals would love to be friends with him, we have lots of fun.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks Groucho!

Tiger has been greeting me at the mailboxes off and on since we moved here a year and a half ago. All kitties know I love them, I think, and some just are baffled by my insistence at patting them either with gloves on or through paper towel. He would love to be a lap kitty, just would prefer my lap be more level, and not move so much! His purr motor works fine, which is nice.

I will tell his potential human about Pet Talk, I promise!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, Tiger has been fed, and had lap time, and is now inside somewhere napping, all is ready for him to meet his new mom (who is excited about this!) sometime this evening! Paws crossed that it all goes well!
    I've Been Frosted

This handsome fellow deserves nothing but the very best. I hope all goes well for him tonight and he'll find his purrfect furever home where he'll enjoy the life every kitty deserves Would you give sweet Tiger some lovies from me before he moves on?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Karen, you deserve big hugs of gratitude for helping Tiger find his forever home. It's so much better to have his very own people
    to love & care for him. (((Hugs))) to you Ms Mayor.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

God Bless!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

After much searching, we found where Tiger was napping, and he is now on his way to his new home! I gave him some love from all of you, and his new mom and my friend both think he is a very, very handsome kitty. I told his mom about Pet Talk, and showed her this thread, so she will hopefully be updating you all on Tiger as he makes the adjustment to be a loved indoor-only kitty! And the carrier she brought with was twice the size of the one we had on hand, which was fine for Miss Hoppy, but rather cramped for a ten-pound kitty! I gave her the yellow fleece, and my gloves are now going through the wash, as is the shirt I was wearing!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Precious Tiger (or whatever your new family names you), I hope you will hang around Pet Talk as we have all fallen in love with you and would love to watch you grow up and settle in to your new home.

Hugs, kisses and headbumps.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

That is great news Karen - I am so happy for Tiger - he is a beautiful boy!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu