Thread: Made my day!!

Made my day!!

Some of you know that I've loved Bedlington terriers for over a decade, and I've wanted one badly...but the time has never been right for a puppy. My husband and I have talked about it, and he's said that he thinks the time might be right sometime in the next two years, finally. I've been emailing back and forth with a few people who are involved in the breed, reading up on puppies (since I've always adopted adult dogs), and just trying to make sure I'm as ready as I can be. Plus, one of the hubby's stipulations for a puppy moving in is that I break a couple of Jasper's bad habits that I've been lax about, so we've been working hard on his jumping and begging!

Meanwhile, there is a dog trainer who trains outside my store who has a HANDSOME liver Bedlington, Juggernaut. I LOVE working Saturday mornings, because she often brings him with her. He's a beautifully put together little dog, and SUCH a terrier! He's got a lot of grit for such a fleecy little man, and I adore him. Yesterday I was asking about his breeder, DNA tests, etc., and Juggernaut's mom mentioned that she is planning to breed him in a year or two! He's from excellent lines, DNA clear, and in temperament an ideal terrier. By no means is anything set in stone, but I'm now on the waiting list for Juggernaut's litter! It totally made my day! Twelve years waiting so far....it'll be worth it!

Here's a video of Juggernaut and one of his housemates enjoying some peanut butter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MjsD...ture=endscreen

Awww, this is good news!
    I've Been Frosted

A new puppy, yay! Good luck waiting that long!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

This is wonderful news!!! Thanks for the link because now I know what this breed looks like.

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who has Bedlington terriers. There hair is very curly soft & silky. She keeps them trimmed up & looking so nice. Some are show dogs & have very sweet temperaments.

Twelve years is a long time to wait but it will all be worthwhile. Congratulations
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Great news. They look so sweet!

A very good friend of mine had Bedlingtons and she still talks about them and misses them so much. She said they are wonderful dogs. Now she is a Corgi owner.

I am very excited for you!! And maybe I'll even get to see this new pup in person some day!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)