Thread: Introducing Ryder! (#47: Updated Pics!)

Hybrid View

Introducing Ryder! (#47: Updated Pics!)

We finally brought home our little guy at 9lbs yesterday morning. First to go home. We are keeping in touch with the breeder. He was very happy to see us happy and know Ryder will have a great home. He had a long day. Couple car rides, he did good. All he did was mostly sleep. Vet visit went good. Vet says he has a soft tiny heart murmur but she told us not to worry because that tend to go away on its own, 95% of the time. We hope it does. Otherwise, he's one healthy boy! He even discovered grass, we think he was never on it so he had quite a experience. He stood there, looked around, then immediately ran over to where we are, so we took a little walk and he'd follow and sit by us, then repeat. He's so adorable, though. He met some of the family too! He had fun with that. First night away, Ryder did great! He slept in his crate in the kitchen, not a peep from 11:30pm to 5am. He did not go in his crate either. Not bad for a first night. He does get attached and want to be by us, no matter where we are. He is young, only 7 weeks but he is such a good boy. He is adjusting well, I think. At least we think he is. So, here are pictures! (Some PT'ers are on my FB so they probably have seen pictures already so I wanted to share on here as well)

Last edited by CountryWolf07; 12-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

OMG, he's soo cute! I love him! Give him a big hug and kiss for me

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Oh my gosh, what a cutie pie!!! Welcome home Ryder and welcome to Pet Talk!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hello Cutie Pie!

That 4th pic, look at that paw! MWAH! And the 3rd one, what a handsome face! Of COURSE he slept well the first night, so much activity, change, maybe a bit of nerves, and lots of play and excitement! LOL

7 weeks? Way too young to leave mum and litter mates, you will need to go lots of puppy things, like teaching soft mouth. He would have learned that with his doggie family over the next 2 weeks. Yes it is cute when he mouths you, babies of any species love to taste, and bite, the world around them. Make sure you yelp when he does this, though, you need to pick up on this training immediately!

What a cutie, so glad he is home now, and doing so well! Sleeping in his crate the first night and everything!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Hello Cutie Pie!

That 4th pic, look at that paw! MWAH! And the 3rd one, what a handsome face! Of COURSE he slept well the first night, so much activity, change, maybe a bit of nerves, and lots of play and excitement! LOL

7 weeks? Way too young to leave mum and litter mates, you will need to go lots of puppy things, like teaching soft mouth. He would have learned that with his doggie family over the next 2 weeks. Yes it is cute when he mouths you, babies of any species love to taste, and bite, the world around them. Make sure you yelp when he does this, though, you need to pick up on this training immediately!
    He will be fine. I've been through it with Rosie (RB Beagle). She was also early as well. Either 6-7 weeks old. Hank was 7 weeks also. He seems to be doing just fine so far. Don't worry. He's in good hands. We've already started training him basic commands & no 'biting'... I've been through a lot of criticism about Ryder lately so I'd rather not deal with it on here please.

Oh! Also, when we went to pick him up, he immediately went to us. He knew he was going home. He may have picked us, but we already had him all along!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

What an adorable pup Ryder is and he's so lucky to have found a home with you. I will look forward to hear more and see pictures as he grows up.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Ryder!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.