Thread: Coco's turn to white coats today * Update** Post #8

Coco's turn to white coats today * Update** Post #8

Two trips in one week OUCH.
    Cindy had cyst removed from her back (cat) then today it was Coco's turn (our choc lab) for vet trip. He ended up straining a muscle in his hip area. He is on two medications and they seem to be helping after the first dose. He isn't allowed to take steps so going out the front door to potty is in order for the next few days. Poor guy was miserable. His "thunder shirt" did wonders for a more peaceful vet visit. Our vet was impressed so was I.

I am glad medications are working so he doesnt have to have xray (at least that appears to be the progress at moment).
    Last edited by Craftlady; 12-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Aww, Coco! I'm sorry about your "ouchy" muscle. I'm glad you had your thunder shirt to help you at the doctor, though! Could you have mom give you a big HUG from me to help you feel better soon. (((HUG)))!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Aww, Coco! I'm sorry about your "ouchy" muscle. I'm glad you had your thunder shirt to help you at the doctor, though! Could you have mom give you a big HUG from me to help you feel better soon. (((HUG)))!
    Will do
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Awww, also glad the thunder shirt helped! Gracie the Great Dane used to hide her head under dad's jacket at the vet's office - as long as she couldn't see the vet, he could do anything to her, even mimed sawing off her tail once with no reaction!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awww, also glad the thunder shirt helped! Gracie the Great Dane used to hide her head under dad's jacket at the vet's office - as long as she couldn't see the vet, he could do anything to her, even mimed sawing off her tail once with no reaction!
    Coco has been wearing the Thunder Shirt 24/7 a few days shy of a month. Along with this medication for anxiety we are finally seeing a calmer dog He gets crazy but I can talk him into calmer behavior. Coco process what your saying. YEAH The "big boy barker collar" keeps the high pitched beagle/lab bark to a minimum so he can listen to me

Get better Coco!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's amazing what 24 hrs of medications will do for a dog. He is way more mobile. He will get up on couch when I'm sitting on it but prefers still laying on the floor.

Coco is back to his old self. The medications can be stopped and he is taking stairs again! Going out the front door was NOT fun.

I'm going to continue the medications just wont give him 3 hr anti-flammatory medication. He came up steps this morning but refuses now ;(
    Last edited by Craftlady; 12-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.