CONTACT JOANN IMMEDIATELY [email protected] and tel. 917 656 0307.
PLEASE HURRY SHE WILL HELP MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS.

This is awful. I cant bear to think of these babies outside. I will give $20 per cat to a verifiable rescue who will take each cat in. Maybe some others will do the same.
Thanks
Robyn
================================================== =============

Date: December 2, 2012, 6:28:46 PM EST
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: NY-OMG HELP BEGGING Emergency Status - Homeless Cats from Hurricane Sandy in Staten Island NY

THIS IS SO SO SO SO HEARTBREAKING BEYOND WORDS THESE ARE INDOOR ONLY CATS WHO HAVE LOST THEIR HOMES FOREVER BECAUSE THEIR OWNERS LOST THEIR HOMES, THEY ARE OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZING COLD, FOLLOWING PEOPLE TO THEIR CARS SO THEY CAN GO HOME WITH THEM, SO THEY CAN BE FED AND HAVE A WARM HOME ONCE AGAIN - BEYOND UNBEARABLE. PLEASE EVERYONE CAN YOU TAKE ONE PLEASE BEGGING, CONTACT JOANN IMMEDIATELY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE FOR THEM
[email protected]
and tel. 917 656 0307. PLEASE HURRY SHE WILL HELP MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS.

I know that for some, the stories of Hurricane Sandy are a distant memory, but the horror lives on for those people directly involved and for their animals who have also been affected.
I received a call today from my friend Joann who works at ACC in Staten Island. She was in tears after going to a disaster site in Staten Island where there are 17 homeless cats being fed by a gentleman who lost his home completely and is now living in his car. The cats are homeless because their owners also lost their homes. These cats are living in feral houses and Joann brought them some hay to keep warm. These cats are all young and friendly, they are not outside cats and are crying for attention and love. They tried to follow Joann into her car and can not understand why they are being left out in the cold. This is beyond heartbreaking and is only one small area that has been devastated by this last hurricane. Please if anyone can help even one of these cats, that would be wonderful. The oldest appears to be about 4 years old, a neutered tiger cat and he is awesome! The others are under a year, petite and adorable. White/tigers. Another cat is a 2 yr male, tiger/white, extremely friendly. Joann will have all the cats altered/tested etc. She needs help ASAP, as she is going on a planned vacation at the end of next week! Please if anyone can help email me and I will forward your info on to Joann. or email her directly [email protected]
I wish I had pictures, but believe me, these cats are worth your time. We are committing to a few, so if there are any rescues out there who can squeeze one or two in, the cats would be forever grateful!
Thanks for your time...
Lisa Shackett