Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My precious Koko

My precious Koko

i am waiting for call from vet's office to see if my 17 1/2 yr old Siamese is ever coming home again. Dehydrated, diarrhea, so weak he couldn;t even stand up today. He has seen me through the deaths of my husband, dad and mom, I have had him since 6 wks of age. I am devastated.

Awww, never an easy time. Our thoughts are with you.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers and loving good wishes for your beloved Koko and for you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My most sincere thoughts and prayers are going out to dear Koko. I hope and pray that the Lord will find it in his plan that this is not the right time to call your precious boy Koko home. Grace and I will keep both of you in our hearts and thoughts. God Bless

This is posted in Cat Memorial...I guess Koko is not coming home?

He must have been SO precious at 6 weeks of age. He has comforted you through so many hard times.

Prayers and hugs going out to you and Koko.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are so sory Cnadace to hear about Koko.
    To lose a friend that you have had so long truly is a tragedy and a loss.
    It is sad that we take in a Cat that we will outlivr them. But Koko is with friends now Our Pet Talker Awesome Angels ahve shown him the way to Paradise and he know has his wings of Siver and Gold and will visit you and his Cat Companions to make sure that all is right.
    You will all be together in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Barbicat1 View Post
    i am waiting for call from vet's office to see if my 17 1/2 yr old Siamese is ever coming home again. Dehydrated, diarrhea, so weak he couldn;t even stand up today. He has seen me through the deaths of my husband, dad and mom, I have had him since 6 wks of age. I am devastated.
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Koko actually made it through the night and is rallying. However, he had such low blood sugar that they feel he has a systemic problem, and will probably want to do an ultrasound. I don't know if I want to do that, since I would NOT give him chemo (if it's cancer) only to prolong his life for MY sake. So if I don't do that, should I even bother with an ultrasound?

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    This is posted in Cat Memorial...I guess Koko is not coming home?

He must have been SO precious at 6 weeks of age. He has comforted you through so many hard times.

Prayers and hugs going out to you and Koko.
    Yes, he was ADORABLE at 6 wks old; his ears were enormous and too big for his head! Luckily, all of him grew up and the ears fit perfectly a few months later!

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
    My most sincere thoughts and prayers are going out to dear Koko. I hope and pray that the Lord will find it in his plan that this is not the right time to call your precious boy Koko home. Grace and I will keep both of you in our hearts and thoughts. God Bless
    Thanks Glenn, you know by now what is happening with my Kokie.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers and loving good wishes for your beloved Koko and for you.

Thank you so much; against the vets' odds, he is a fighter and doing better.

God bless Koko and you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I guess regarding the ultrasound the old standby question to ask the vet: "What would you do if it was your cat?"

The ultrasound may show something treatable. If it's cancer, then keep him comfy and on some pred for swelling and love him.

He sure is a fighter! Hugs and prayers going out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I guess regarding the ultrasound the old standby question to ask the vet: "What would you do if it was your cat?"

The ultrasound may show something treatable. If it's cancer, then keep him comfy and on some pred for swelling and love him.

He sure is a fighter! Hugs and prayers going out.
    Thank you very much for the advice. I know for one thing that I will NOT give him chemo; that would be a selfish move on my part just to keep him with me a bit longer. I was thinking the same thing about asking the vet what THEY would do; thanks for reinforcing that idea for me. Appreciate it very much. And yes, he IS a fighter; he doesn't want to leave any more than I want him to!

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    God bless Koko and you both.

Thank you so VERY much for your kind wishes; so far God has answered my prayers and those of my friends also here at home.

Prayers from RI for Koko and for you as well.