Thank you all for your comforting words. I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my heart. I love that little cat something fierce. It's hard to imagine going forward without her... partly because her medical care was so ingrained into my daily routine and, of course, because she was my heart cat. She helped me through the deaths of two friends, my mom's battle with cancer, a break up, and many smaller heartaches. I guarantee her fur saw more tears than rain (not that it'd take much since, aside from the Swamp Kat adventure, she really didn't like to go outside).

My Pretty, Pretty Princess gave me all she had and then some. I firmly believe she held on these last two days solely for me and I was just too blind (perhaps willfully so) to see it. Though she didn't feel well the past few days, she was peaceful until about 2ish this morning. It then became all too apparent that it was time.

My vet, sweet man that he is, sent me a flower at work today. I am reminded more and more why I trust him with the care of my pets, not only is he extremely knowledgeable, he is very compassionate.

Thank you again for your comments.