Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Crossbone!!!!

Introducing Crossbone!!!!

I'd like to introduce a very special new family member, Sir Cody Crossbone, Cattle Pirate! AKA Crossbone

After much debate and consideration, K and I decided that Jackie Loo would be happier continuing to live with my parent's and possibly in the spring we'll try to move him here again. We really wanted a dog though, but weren't actively looking. I came across Crossbone on the the internet, he was in ACD rescue in North Carolina and we put in an application a month and a half ago. I didn't think anything would come of it. There were five other applications in for him and after home visits and email correspondences, the rescue chose us to be his new family!

This past weekend we drove to North Carolina from Michigan to bring him home!

He is the most perfect little dog. He settles great in a crate, is bombproof with every new situation and takes life in stride. A frisbee dog extraordinaire and great agility prospect. He is 16 months old, a "mini ACD" only measuring about 16" tall and 22 pounds, and has been through at least 3 homes before us. He was surrendered to a shelter at 4 months old, adopted and placed into ACD rescue, adopted last April and was sadly returned in September because of unfortunate circumstances in his home. At that time he went through 5 houses in 36 hours and continued to be a happy, playful little guy.

Without further ado, here are some crappy cell phone photos!

We drove for 7 hours and then got a hotel room. He is used to sleeping in a crate, but we left him loose. He slept on his own queen bed and woke us up at 6 am by dropping a ball on our heads!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Hello Crossbone and welcome to one of the bestest families EVER!!
    He is adorable! Congrats on the new addition.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Good afternoon, Sir Cody! How nice to meet you! I like your happy smile! What a lot of places you have lived in, my goodness. I bet North Carolina was beautiful at this time of the year, though. I laughed when I read about your 6 AM wake-up call! That last picture is so sweet and says it all

Your new fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ashley, he is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations He looks like such a happy boy and what a cute face. LOL love the hotel story, and how he got his own queen bed!

Welcome to Pet Talk, Crossbone! We look forward, with you, to the many adventures you will have in your new forever home!
    I've Been Frosted

Congrats!!! He sure looks like a happy little guy and he's adorable too.

Hello Crossbone, What a cutie he is. Looks so bright & happy in his pictures. Welcome to PT little guy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Crossbone

Bright and happy, I totally agree! That's exactly how adorable little Crossbone comes across to me as well! I was cheered up immediately after seeing his sweet face and you definately picked a winner for sure, I felt the overwhelming need to plant a big smooch on Crossbones perfect wee face All the best in the future for the whole family, this dog is SO delightful, thanks fer sharin', peace and love

Crossbone is a good looking boy! He will bring a smile on your face every time, no matter what! I know he made me smile just looking at the pictures. He's such a happy boy. Can't wait to see more pictures, please! By the way, I love his name! Does he have a nickname?
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Thank you!

He is the most perfect little dog and we love him to pieces. In two weeks he'll get to meet Jack, Micki and Mini.

I have better camera photos that I'll upload & share soon

Rachael, we call him Cross or Crossbone most of the time, CODY if he's being naughty (which is like, never) but I like to call him Cuddlebones most of all

Re: his name

Our house is decked out with a wall of crosses & lots of skull and crossbone paraphernalia so we thought it was appropriate to name him Crossbone. And it goes well with the name he was given at rescue, Cody. His previous names were Scooter and Gator. I don't think he cares what we call him, he loves it when you talk to him & would probably come running no matter why you say!

The old saying "Call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner" certain applies to him! And it's a unique name, so suits him - and you!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome Crossbone! What a sweet dog you are... and you obviously have a wonderful good nature to fit in so quickly. You poor little dog; hopefully this will be the LAST home you will ever go to. It's sad that you were in many different homes. I'm sure this will be your forever home. Yes, it is nice in NC right now (I live in central NC, set a record today at 73 temp). I'm sure you'll like Michigan; you seem to be very agreeable and flexible in your life.

Crossbone is adorable! I love ACDs Congratulations on the new addition!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Blog Entries
    Oh my gush Crossbone is so cute. Congratulations We have a full size Australian Cattle Dog & he is very active & playful also. He loves to fetch tennis balls.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom