Thread: Introducing Crossbone!!!!

Threaded View

Introducing Crossbone!!!!

I'd like to introduce a very special new family member, Sir Cody Crossbone, Cattle Pirate! AKA Crossbone

After much debate and consideration, K and I decided that Jackie Loo would be happier continuing to live with my parent's and possibly in the spring we'll try to move him here again. We really wanted a dog though, but weren't actively looking. I came across Crossbone on the the internet, he was in ACD rescue in North Carolina and we put in an application a month and a half ago. I didn't think anything would come of it. There were five other applications in for him and after home visits and email correspondences, the rescue chose us to be his new family!

This past weekend we drove to North Carolina from Michigan to bring him home!

He is the most perfect little dog. He settles great in a crate, is bombproof with every new situation and takes life in stride. A frisbee dog extraordinaire and great agility prospect. He is 16 months old, a "mini ACD" only measuring about 16" tall and 22 pounds, and has been through at least 3 homes before us. He was surrendered to a shelter at 4 months old, adopted and placed into ACD rescue, adopted last April and was sadly returned in September because of unfortunate circumstances in his home. At that time he went through 5 houses in 36 hours and continued to be a happy, playful little guy.

Without further ado, here are some crappy cell phone photos!

We drove for 7 hours and then got a hotel room. He is used to sleeping in a crate, but we left him loose. He slept on his own queen bed and woke us up at 6 am by dropping a ball on our heads!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08