Thread: Kramer 1995-2012

Kramer 1995-2012

My Kramer (COTD 12/19/09) left for Rainbow Bridge yesterday at age 17. I've tried to upload a pic of him- but see the COTD archives if I failed to attach it correctly.

We had a bad upper respiratory bug go through the pride a month ago- six cats got it and got Clavamox and other meds, five kicked it out and Kramer didn't, he couldn't smell or taste and stopped eating. He also had early-stage renal failure and a hyper-echoic mass in his liver but was in NO shape for surgery on the liver yet. He spent some time in hospital getting fluids and antibiotics, then got a feeding tube installed. He was recovering nicely at home for 2 weeks, gaining back weight and being normal Kramer (sleeping with us, occupying laps, purring, wandering the house to say hello to folks); but night before last, things kind of crashed all at once- he vomited his evening feeding, then hid for the first time, and obviously didn't feel real good any more- he'd respond to pets but was clearly not happy or comfortable, if not in any pain..... he was telling us it was time. So we sent him off to Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.

Kramer came to me when his human (a coworker's grandfather) died in 1996. It was about the lowest time of my life, and of Kramer's, too- he was pretty neglected and his beautiful Maine coon fur was unkempt and filthy and he hid from everything. My Shadow-cat and I got him in shape and got him acclimated, and he became a real friend, very playful and acrobatic, VERY attached to me- those two cats literally saved my life. He's had a long, happy life, first in NJ and for the last couple of years in GA.

God I'm gonna miss that little cat.....but I'm so grateful to have had 16 wonderful years with him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rest easy, Kramer

Awwww. So sorry to hear that it was Kramer's time to travel to the Bridge. It sounds as though he had a great life with you. Sixteen years is rather long for today's kitty. It was time for him to go and play with all of his Pet Talk buddies - and you knew it too! Bless his furry little heart and your's too.

Hope you had a safe trip, Kramer.

You were loved, FOR SURE!

Rest easy, all.

What a great Cat you are Kramer , and you are going to be sorely missed.
    You are in Purradise with you wings of silver and gold and all of Our Awesome Angel"s Army are so glad that you are with them now.
    Kramer I know that you will drop in to see your Best Friend , and will be there at your Great Reunion.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kramer had an amazing life with you. He was there for you when you needed him, and you were there for him when he needed you. Even though it broke your heart, you did the right thing.

RIP Kramer
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry about Kramer. You took wonderful care of him when many others would have stuck him in a shelter.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sure was a handsome boy and he sounds like he was a real sweetheart too. RIP sweet Kramer. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Rest in peace, beloved boy!
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your darling beloved Kramer. What a wonderful life you gave him, after his first Purrson passed away. It sounds like you and he healed each other at the lowest times in both of your lives. What blessings and love you have shared for 16 years, such a long time together! Your love is eternal, and you are always together.

Rest in peace, beloved Kramer. Now you are a shining Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, waiting to welcome your Purrrson Home.. One Fine Day.

Peace and comfort to you and all who love and grieve Kramer so very much. God bless.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Kramer had a wonderful, love filled life. I know you will miss him terribly.

Godspeed, Kramer....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Your pain must be very deep, for you've loved Kramer for so long. The deeper the love, the deeper the pain. But Kramer has no pain! Kramer is gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy, living in Love. Cry for yourself, but know that Kramer has no need of tears - and he wants you, whom he loves, to be happy for him. Your love has made him yours forever, and you *will* be reunited at the Rainbow Bridge, one fine day.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea