Thread: My Sweet Amy is gone....

Hybrid View

My Sweet Amy is gone....

My sweet little Amy crossed to the bridge this morning. Her health started to decline during the summer and it had been so hard for her to even walk across the floor. As time passed, she continued to decline. I am not sure if it was her CH that brought her down but I feel like it was.. I knew this winter would be extreemly hard on her and it was harder than I expected. It knocked her down and she couldn't get up. She was in pain and every breath was a struggle for her. I cried many nights, begging her to fight and get better but I realized it wasn't going to happen. About 3 days ago, she just stopped eating and drinking. Last night, I promised her if she didn't go on her own last night, I would end her suffering today. I called the vets office and they took her right in.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am so sorry for your loss. Farewell Sweet Amy. Sending you a big HUG.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I'm so sorry about your precious baby Amy. I really enjoyed her endeavors.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I type this through my tears. I am so sorry.

RIP Amy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, Laura, I am so very, very sorry. The love that you and Amy have shared has been deep and beautiful, and it lives on always. It has shined through brilliantly every time you have ever posted about her here, Laura.

Sweet, beautiful Amy had a long and valiant run, showing us all how to live with disability with grace and energy. She has been an inspiration to us all. Thank you, Amy, for teaching me about Cerebellar Hypoplasia so I was ready to welcome Elmer and Bob into my family when they let me know they were looking for homes.

Rest in peace, darling beloved blessed Amy, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge. You are there with many friends, and you will welcome your beloved Laura Home.. One Fine Day.

Deepest sympathy to you, Laura and your family and all who love her and grieve her so deeply. May God bring peace and comfort to you.

Last edited by phesina; 11-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rest in peace, pretty girl. Laura, our prayers are with you.
    I've Been Frosted

Farewell and godspeed Amy. You were a faithful and beloved friend.

So sorry for your loss, Laura. You and Amy helped educate many of us here on PT about CH kitties. Her determination and spunk were highlighted in so many of your posts.

RIP Amy.