Thread: SAFE! (msg 4): LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY AREA: Special Needs kitty - needs a break!

Hybrid View

SAFE! (msg 4): LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY AREA: Special Needs kitty - needs a break!

Pedley Square Veterinary Clinic, Inc
    (951) 685-3331

Please network ---- to anyone who can take special needs--- We can pull and arrange transport within the local S. California area.

Name:  GreyKitty.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  61.2 KB

This sweet little Russian Blue kitty was picked by a family on Saturday, but when the shelter tech gave her her vaccination - the tech went too deep, and too high & ended up hitting nerves. The poor kitty was paralyzed on one side. On Saturday she had no feeling in either front or back leg (I believe it is her left side).

On the bright side, today she has feeling in her back leg. On the downside, the shelter needs her out - or they will euthanize. I spoke with my Vets - and they say that she may regain full function of both limbs - or she could have some nerve damage. Both were optomistic since she has regained feeling this quickly - but, said it may take several weeks. At this point she needs help cleaning up & getting into the litter box. She is eating, and drinking normally - and is still super sweet.

If anyone can help, please let me know.
    Thank you for choosing us for your Veterinary needs,
    Tori Schatt
    Pedley Square Veterinary Clinic, Inc
    (951) 685-3331
    Last edited by phesina; 11-27-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'll call the vet's office today and suggest they post on Facebook's Cerebellar Hypoplasia Cats & Kittens page. It's used for other neurologically impaired cats and gets quite a lot of traffic. Lots of experienced people on there and a few who do a great deal of networking.

Thank you, Lizzie.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I just got a message from Deb:

----->
    Ok, it is a rap
    Kitty is safe and being picked up from shelter. Had to act quick.
    ----------

HOOORAY!!!!!
    Death thought about it.

That's good. I mentioned the Facebook CH page because I knew Deb kept track of the cats on there. Her networking and energy are amazing.