Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niño

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I know how badly it hurts. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Thanks for your words. I'm not really coping that great. I've been breaking down at random, moving extra slow, not sleeping normally, not being able to sleep in my bed next to his chair at all, in a daze, etc. And yet, sometimes I feel like my brain has not fully grasped the fact that he's actually gone.
    I've never lost anyone this important before and I've never had to deal with anything this big. I have been back at work two days so far and have not been able to make it all the way through the work day without crying so far. Luckily they all understand for the most part at work since I work in a grooming salon and were all more than okay with me taking a whole week off.
    I had a Doctor Who convention last weekend which he was supposed to come to with me since it took place at a Westin hotel and they allow dogs everywhere for free and my parents and Eliza were out of town. He had the seizure/stroke on Monday night and was sort of recovering. He was vomiting but he was also eating a little bit, drinking water and peeing, seemed coherent for the hours he was awake (he mostly slept) and even went for a walk down the drive on Thursday during the day and wagged his tail. But he didn't make it through the night and I suspect he held on a little longer for me. I told him not to stick around for me and that if he needed to go to sleep, go. Even though I really need him and that's overly clear. But I didn't want him to see me upset because even Thursday evening he seemed very concerned over how much he was worrying me. I woke up after a few hours of sleep upstairs on the couch next to the sleeping bag he was asleep on most of the days before and found him alive but asleep downstairs on the couch, so I said goodnight and kissed him on the stop and went back upstairs because he liked his space sometimes. When I went back down at 8 am he was on the floor by the couch stretched out like he sometimes did, in a comfortable sleeping position, but passed on.
    It is a scene I can't stop replaying at the most inconvenient times.

Niño & Eliza

My condolences on your loss. You had many great times together!

We love you, and Niño loves you forever. I just made some spotty cookies, I'd share them with you if I could!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry. The pain felt cannot be described. I hope you can find peace and eventually be able to remember the happy times without so much grief.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I just thought I'd stop by and say thank you for the kind words. It's been over two months and I'm still not doing too well. I am back on medication and drinking more and I am still breaking down more often and worse when I do, having more panic attacks, etc.
    I realized he was much more than just a best friend to me. He was an anchor, calming aid, and mood stabilizer better than any medication could ever do.
    I have since realized I more than qualify for an emotional support animal, which would allow me to live with a therapy dog in housing that normally does not allow pets, but since I am currently living at home with my family and not paying rent, I'm not sure I can use my prescription of an ESA and they do not want another dog in the house.
    Eliza is still very nervous, and still not quite as adjusted as she was when she had her support system. He guided her through a lot of things. She was born a feral dog and only came to live inside when she was about six months old when the Terre Haute Humane Society caught her. She is very attached to my mother and despite being walked a good four miles a day past other joggers, walkers, dogs, etc, is still very shy.

Niño & Eliza

We are thinking of you, and hope you can find some comfort and stability in your life. Niño is still with you in your heart, and we know the lesson he taught you will help you for many years to come.
    I've Been Frosted

I can't say enough how saddened I am to hear of sweet Nino's passing. He was a most beloved dog here on Pet Talk and I will truly miss him.

I understand all too well the feelings your having. But please don't try and drink your sorrows away. It helps for a minute, but that's it.

Many (((HUGS))) for you.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets