Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince George's County Animal Shelter (MD) .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Prince George's County Animal Shelter (MD) .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I had made arrangements to adopt CH kitty (Peanut) from them and he was supposed to go in an be neutered today. Instead I get a phone call telling me that yesterday he had been accidently pulled and put to sleep.

Peanut was supposed be home for Thanksgiving but instead he is at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so sorry. You did your best.

That shelter is where Baltimore SPCA pulled Pinot from before we adopted her.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I wasn't overly impressed with my dealings with them and this makes me think even less of them!

This is just horrible. I wonder how many other times that this has happened there.

They said while it does not happen often, it does happen occasionally. I have offered to work with them to re-design the system (I do that with hospitals), but I am getting the feeling they do not want that.

Oh, Cheryl, our condolences. If there's anything we could do, let us know!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you. This was definitely not a great way to start the holiday weekend.

I am so very, very sorry. This is so sad, so tragic, so awful.. and so unnecessary.

God bless you and bring you comfort and peace. You and Peanut share a great love which will never die.

Rest in peace, dearest beloved Peanut, at the Bridge to await the Grand Reunion.. One Fine Day.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I Am So So Sorry To Hear This.. RIP Wittle Precious Baby Peanut.. However This Happens More Often Than You Wish To Think..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh no, oh NO! Do they answer to any higher authority? It won't heal your broken heart...omg...but surely your offer to redesign their system should be made public. Call the media.

It doesn't happen "too often"? One "accidental" death is enough.

I am so, so, so sorry. I can only hope that a positive change will come out of this.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

While the animal shelter does answer to a "higher authority" there are so many other things wrong in that county that they are not high on the list of "important" issues...

But what is interesting is that hospitals pay hundreds of dollars per hour for my time, I have a very strong feeling that they will turn it down. I figured that while I lost Peanut I could put the experience to good use and it might help other people to not go through the same thing.

A letter to the paper might be in order.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Why don't you write or e-mail the people who run or oversee that shelter, lay out your professional qualifications and make your offer in very specific terms what you have in mind to do. Maybe that would get through to some people who might actually take it seriously and consider it worth acting on.

Perhaps some communication with the local news media wouldn't be a bad idea either. A story about this heartbreaking "mistake" they made, a run-down on the kinds of things wrong with that system that would allow for such a thing to happen, and your offers, with your full professional qualifications, to work on fixing it up might attract a LOT of attention, resulting in some pressure to make this happen.

God bless you and dearest Peanut Angel.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry to hear of this. Peanut knows you tried to help her.

I agree with all of the advice. Perhaps you can save more lives this way.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh that is just so sad. I am so sorry.

I agree with bringing this situation to the public. If it happened to Peanut, it may happen again to another animal who was soon to arrive to their forever home.

RIP Sally