Thread: Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Hello Maggie Mae, it is a real pleasure to meet such a sweet smart remarkable girl as you!! Also you're very pretty & I like your colors and your two eye colors. What a glowing article your human wrote about you; one can see how much she loves you. (I'm assuming your human is a woman). You poor thing; what a bad start you had in life but luckily you were rescued and adopted by this loving human. I got tears and then smiles reading about you. What a wonderful dog you are--no doubt about it. I hope you all have many more years together. Congrats on being DOTD!

Miss Maggie Mae, "I think I've got something to say to you" (as Rod Stewart sings)... I want to say that everything about you is wonderful! You have gorgeous eyes and such a pretty, silky coat -- I'll bet you are very soft to pet! You must bring all kinds of smiles and joy to the people you meet! You've given me a HUGE smile today! I am so glad you were rescued and have a loving, caring person and home. I hope you and your person have many more happy years together. Please have your person give you some enormous hugs from me today -- happy Dog of the Day to you, sweet Maggie Mae!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi Maggie Mae!

Like cassiesmom, as soon as I saw your name Rod Stewart's song came to mind, and oh, I too have something to say to you! HAPPY DOG OF THE DAY! What a beautiful girl you are Maggie, from your sleek and silky coat, to those absolutely stunning eyes! And true to your Border Collie side, so incredibly smart and athletic, with a heart of gold! Though I must say, Maggie Mae, I can't hardly believe you're 13 years young! You look and act as though you're barely a day over 5!

It breaks my heart, and like Kay, brings a tear to my eye, knowing the horrific abuse you suffered at such a young age; all of the other doggies imprisoned in that house of horrors, too! Thanks to the powers that be that you were rescued in time, blessedly finding your way to the MOST wonderful, caring and loving of forever families! How very lucky they have been these many years, having a faithful and loving furkid, a best friend and soul mate, in you! Your family is rightfully proud of their amazing Maggie Mae, and we here at Dog of the Day honored to have a pup as deserving as you as our extra special, Sunday Dog of the Day!

Great thanks to your parents for sharing you very touching story and beautiful photos with us, Maggie. It was truly a pleasure having the chance to pay tribute to the very special girl that you are, and all that you mean to your family!
    Hope you're enjoying your well earned day in the spotlight, sweetheart, celebrating to the max with your family, and all of your many adoring friends and fans!
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Maggie Mae, DOG OF A LIFETIME, with wishes for many more happy years with your wonderful family! (My Lab. Star, just turned 14 in Sept. and is still going strong!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Marvelous Maggie Mae!

Maggie Mae...you are a beautiful intelligent lady...lucky too! You have an awesome owner too!
    Your start at life was scary, but now you lead the good life - hurray!
    Enjoy being Dog of the Day today, Maggie Mae!

Hello Maggie Mae,

It is so nice to meet such a sweetheart like you. Sounds like you have a great home with people
    who love and appreciate your many sweet & dear qualities.Many happy congrats on being honored as
    our very special DOG OF THE DAY. Wishing you many more happy years to enjoy with your people.
    Hugs & kisses sweet Maggie Mae.xoxoxo
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You're a beauty Maggie Mae! It sounds like you're very smart and a very freindly girl. Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a beautiful dog you are, Maggie Mae - the wisdom of your age is in your strong eyes. You are survivor with lots of heart.

Beautiful Girl....

I always wonder how they ever manage to trust humans again ?

Maggie you are a loved and treasured friend and companion. You lived and the other's deaths werent in vain because you took them with you in your heart.

Beautiful Girl... may you live long and prosper greatly.

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/

Thanks from Maggie Mae's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Hello Maggie Mae, it is a real pleasure to meet such a sweet smart remarkable girl as you!! Also you're very pretty & I like your colors and your two eye colors. What a glowing article your human wrote about you; one can see how much she loves you. (I'm assuming your human is a woman). You poor thing; what a bad start you had in life but luckily you were rescued and adopted by this loving human. I got tears and then smiles reading about you. What a wonderful dog you are--no doubt about it. I hope you all have many more years together. Congrats on being DOTD!

Hi, I'm the proud Momma to Maggie Mae and I would like to thank you for the sweet note about
    my girl. She is my pride and joy, my best friend, my sounding board, she's my everything. I always
    say she found me, really I almost fell into the baby playpen set up in an aisle at PetSmart while
    shopping & talking I made eye contact with her and that's all she wrote. I picked her up out
    of that playpen and she's been my everything for the last 12 years. She's inbred which is a big strike
    against her health. When I adopted her I knew she was in bad shape, that encouraged me to start my project on finding out the best diet possible to try and fix the serious malnutrion she endured. The
    raw diet turned her around within months, it was incredible. Now I cook for her. I want to keep her
    as long as possible so I just take the extra mile to make sure she gets the healthiest diet, and anything
    else she needs.
    thanks

PINKY

Thanks from Maggie Mae's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Miss Maggie Mae, "I think I've got something to say to you" (as Rod Stewart sings)... I want to say that everything about you is wonderful! You have gorgeous eyes and such a pretty, silky coat -- I'll bet you are very soft to pet! You must bring all kinds of smiles and joy to the people you meet! You've given me a HUGE smile today! I am so glad you were rescued and have a loving, caring person and home. I hope you and your person have many more happy years together. Please have your person give you some enormous hugs from me today -- happy Dog of the Day to you, sweet Maggie Mae!

Thanks for the kind words about my girl. She is beautiful, inside and out. I simply adore my girl. I named
    her after Rod Stewarts song

Thanks again,

Pinky

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Hi Maggie Mae!

Like cassiesmom, as soon as I saw your name Rod Stewart's song came to mind, and oh, I too have something to say to you! HAPPY DOG OF THE DAY! What a beautiful girl you are Maggie, from your sleek and silky coat, to those absolutely stunning eyes! And true to your Border Collie side, so incredibly smart and athletic, with a heart of gold! Though I must say, Maggie Mae, I can't hardly believe you're 13 years young! You look and act as though you're barely a day over 5!

It breaks my heart, and like Kay, brings a tear to my eye, knowing the horrific abuse you suffered at such a young age; all of the other doggies imprisoned in that house of horrors, too! Thanks to the powers that be that you were rescued in time, blessedly finding your way to the MOST wonderful, caring and loving of forever families! How very lucky they have been these many years, having a faithful and loving furkid, a best friend and soul mate, in you! Your family is rightfully proud of their amazing Maggie Mae, and we here at Dog of the Day honored to have a pup as deserving as you as our extra special, Sunday Dog of the Day!

Great thanks to your parents for sharing you very touching story and beautiful photos with us, Maggie. It was truly a pleasure having the chance to pay tribute to the very special girl that you are, and all that you mean to your family!
    Hope you're enjoying your well earned day in the spotlight, sweetheart, celebrating to the max with your family, and all of your many adoring friends and fans!
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Maggie Mae, DOG OF A LIFETIME, with wishes for many more happy years with your wonderful family! (My Lab. Star, just turned 14 in Sept. and is still going strong!)

Thanks! Your dogs are beautiful. I love labs. When I adopted Maggie I had a 12 year old yellow Lab,
    Barney. They bonded so fast and really close, Barney was a good mother to Maggie, he took her under his
    wing (like I did) and as Barney lost his sight, Maggie would walk around him and guide him during their last
    days of walking around our farm. They were safe, we have fencing up. Maggie became very depressed
    when Barney died. It was very sad. After 2 months when I was doing better I adopted Maggie a friend and she wanted nothing to do with her at first, but now they've been together for 11 years and are inseperable.
    thanks again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Maggie Mae...you are a beautiful intelligent lady...lucky too! You have an awesome owner too!
    Your start at life was scary, but now you lead the good life - hurray!
    Enjoy being Dog of the Day today, Maggie Mae!
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    Maggie thanks you for your note!

Pinky

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Hello Maggie Mae,

It is so nice to meet such a sweetheart like you. Sounds like you have a great home with people
    who love and appreciate your many sweet & dear qualities.Many happy congrats on being honored as
    our very special DOG OF THE DAY. Wishing you many more happy years to enjoy with your people.
    Hugs & kisses sweet Maggie Mae.xoxoxo
    I see you have a beautiful Maggie too~!

Thanks

Thanks for your note

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Arnold View Post
    What a beautiful dog you are, Maggie Mae - the wisdom of your age is in your strong eyes. You are survivor with lots of heart.
    Thanks

Maggie's Mom, Pinky