Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prince George's County Animal Shelter (MD) .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am so sorry; how sad. That would make me so mad and upset. The place certainly needs a new better way of keeping up with the animals.

How sad. I'm so sorry.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sad to say thee are some shelters where they really haveno feeling for the animals at all. Our oca SPCA has had some issues as well although not as bad as with Peanut.
    That is a tragedy that someone robbed you and Dear Peanut of years of love and companionship
    All of Our Awesome Angels are meeting little Peanut now and he will be with you in Paradise.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have tears, thinking of Peanut, who should've been home, being loved by his furever family. Well, you're *still* his furever family, and he most certainly is being loved where he is, but still. . . this is unutterably sad. Unless I'm mistaken, that county is one of the richest in the country, so it's an abomination that they are not no-kill. When will the human race ever evolve. . .?

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

So the adoption group I work with contacted the shelter for an explanation. This is the response I received from them:

"> What happened with Peanut was simple human error. Peanut and another cat at the shelter resembled one another very closely in appearance. It was the other cat that was on the euth list that day. The kennel manager didn't cross-check the paperwork carefully enough and that's how Peanut wound up being PTS. I know the kennel manager as well - and she's beating herself up for what was a big, grave, tragic mistake - and one unfortunately that could have been prevented as Peanut's paperwork was in order, correct, and aligned with his control number.
    >
    > The shelter has had a series of meetings to discuss this particular issue. The goal, obviously, is that it NOT happen again and that the shelter institute additional checks and verifications when any cat is scheduled for the euth list
    ."

Not that you want to - but is there any chance of adopting the kitty that was on the list? Or is it too late?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I thought about it, but the kitty is healthy and I try to adopt only special needs kitties. (Peanut was a CH kitty) But if he doesn't get a home I will take him in anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled View Post
    I thought about it, but the kitty is healthy and I try to adopt only special needs kitties. (Peanut was a CH kitty) But if he doesn't get a home I will take him in anyways.
    I had wondered the same. Is the other kitty still around? Let's hope so.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I did ask after him and was told that he was not put down. The woman I talked with said that she couldn't do it with everything else that happened. I also asked her to keep me informed of what happens with him. If I don't hear back from her this week that he got a home, I will see about bringing him into the "herd".

I hope it all works out best for you and this kitty.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda