Our Pichu has been quieter and quieter since August. And, although in the beginning I though he was just too hot (we had some crazy weather here this summer), it started to look strange for him.

When I came from my trip to Moldova in October, I could clearly see that he was not OK. We took him to the vet and they could not say what was wrong with him. They checked his sight, he had been acting like he could not see things, they took a blood sample, and they found out that he was really strong, but nothing more. We wondered if he had had a stroke and the vet said it didn't look like it. They gave him a Vitamin B mix and some antibiotics, just in case it was some kind of infection. He was better for a little while, not not long.

So, now, it goes in waves, one day he's better, next a little worse, then again worse and then really bad (his legs shake when he walks and he gets really confused), then again better. And so on. The only think that is good about this is that I get to snuggle with him like never before.

We think he has something like feline dementia. He gets really confused, he doesn't know how the door opens, walks in circles and doesn't play (the thing that upsets me the most).

Does anyone here have any experience with this? If so, what medication did you use and did it help? Pichu is nine and a half and he still looks physically pretty good and I hope to figure out a way to make his life better.