Thread: KYLE BERRY Cat Killer - new day in court

KYLE BERRY Cat Killer - new day in court

Hi all.
    Kyle Berry, the Enfield man who killed a neighbor's cat is rescheduled for court in Enfield GA 13 on 12-10-09 - kept getting delayed. You can use this link to find out more specifics - and click on the Docket number for him:
    http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/parm1.aspx I found this site as I was googling his name - I do it periodically. He did a bad "road rage" on my hubby on I91 in Holyoke MA several years ago - almost killed people on the highway when he dove in front of my hubby's loaded Mack truck ( it was in his way and he was in a hurry). He passed him in the breakdown lane/shoulder and slowed almost instantly from 65 to 2 mph after passing him. He jumped out of his car, climed up on the truck, bashed in the window, broke the ignition key out, threw hubbies glasses out somewhere and proceeded to beat him severely. He went to court in MA and had to pay damages to us as well as go to anger management - lots of good that did. He didn't think he did anything wrong. His talk, facial expressions and demeanor in court showed the judge a bit of his nastyness. He does have an uncontrollable temper and is violent. He has had previous anger related events that he was arrested for in CT. I wonder if the CT court system is aware that he did this road rage thing in MA .. probably not. At least it would show what a danger he is and maybe carry some weight. Is there a way to contact the prosecutor and clue him in? Any ideas? Do you know how I can get in touch with the people whose cat he killed? You can email me at [email protected] subject KYLE BERRY so it doesn't go to my spam gobbler.
    I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet because of someones twisted mind. I have double reasons to see this guy stay behind bars!

Thank you KissyKitty for posting this! I've been to every single one of his hearings and to be honest, I'm sick of going. The delays are pathetic. The only thing I AM glad about is that Judge Scheinblum is still hearing the case and he don't take any $hit from nobody! Although he did come into his last court appearance with a bandage over his left eye. This guy, if you have been to any of his hearings, is a BIG man with a BIG BAD attitude!!

I had no idea what he did to your hubby. Get in touch with the Prosecuting Attorney and let him in on it. I'm SURE he'd love to hear about it. Every little bit helps. If you have a copy of any police report on the road rage, send a copy to him. Can't hurt. It took Enfield Police Dept. 12 officers to subdue him after he kicked a police dog.

I have a pet sitting job on the date he's being sentenced, 12/10 so I won't be able to make it. I do keep in touch with the ladies who are regulars to the hearings and get emails from them. I'll keep you guys posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

CAT KILLER Kyle Berry (Enfield CT)

Hi moosmom,
    Just wanted to let you know that Berry's court date is moved yet again - Jan. 7, 2010. Hope all is well with you and yours. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year.

Oh yeah, I'm well on top of this trial. I hope it's still Judge Scheinblum that is on the bench that day. He already loathes Patrick Tomasciewicz, the defense attorney because of his lack of respect to him and his courtroom. His latest excuse is "he's on vacation"!!!! He faxes it to the judge. If this sad ass of a lawyer expects any kind of leniency for his client (which I hope NEVER happens), his actions are blowing it big time.

Next date is January 7th. I'll be there.
    Last edited by moosmom; 12-29-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

As much as I'd love to stand with you on the next trial date it just isn't possible but I'll be with you in spirit Donna. If you get the chance, give him a good, hard swift kick from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

2012: CAT Killer KYLE BERRY Killed 2 of my friends in a ROAD RAGE incident......Enfield CT

Kyle Berry killed the neighbors cat by kicking it to death.....then he tried to run a Mack truck off the road and now, he killed two of my friends this spring in a road rage incident. AGAIN, there have been continuances over and over......it's ridiculous. My friend Colleen left 2 children behind Olivia and Jaclyn. Also Michael Kennedy died in that incident when Berry slammed into the rear of the vehicle after chasing them, for miles.....in a road rage incident.....The vehicle in which they were riding, was struck by his truck and run off the road....he just kept going and went home where he was found sleeping comfortable in his bed......2 others were injured but survived.......Why was he not put behind bars for good last time?

...does it really take 2 deaths to get justice? you are lucky that this maniac did not kill your husband in Holyoke.

Quote Originally Posted by KissyKitty View Post
    Hi all.
    Kyle Berry, the Enfield man who killed a neighbor's cat is rescheduled for court in Enfield GA 13 on 12-10-09 - kept getting delayed. You can use this link to find out more specifics - and click on the Docket number for him:
    http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/parm1.aspx I found this site as I was googling his name - I do it periodically. He did a bad "road rage" on my hubby on I91 in Holyoke MA several years ago - almost killed people on the highway when he dove in front of my hubby's loaded Mack truck ( it was in his way and he was in a hurry). He passed him in the breakdown lane/shoulder and slowed almost instantly from 65 to 2 mph after passing him. He jumped out of his car, climed up on the truck, bashed in the window, broke the ignition key out, threw hubbies glasses out somewhere and proceeded to beat him severely. He went to court in MA and had to pay damages to us as well as go to anger management - lots of good that did. He didn't think he did anything wrong. His talk, facial expressions and demeanor in court showed the judge a bit of his nastyness. He does have an uncontrollable temper and is violent. He has had previous anger related events that he was arrested for in CT. I wonder if the CT court system is aware that he did this road rage thing in MA .. probably not. At least it would show what a danger he is and maybe carry some weight. Is there a way to contact the prosecutor and clue him in? Any ideas? Do you know how I can get in touch with the people whose cat he killed? You can email me at [email protected] subject KYLE BERRY so it doesn't go to my spam gobbler.
    I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet because of someones twisted mind. I have double reasons to see this guy stay behind bars!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyshuman View Post
    Kyle Berry killed the neighbors cat by kicking it to death.....then he tried to run a Mack truck off the road and now, he killed two of my friends this spring in a road rage incident. AGAIN, there have been continuances over and over......it's ridiculous. My friend Colleen left 2 children behind Olivia and Jaclyn. Also Michael Kennedy died in that incident when Berry slammed into the rear of the vehicle after chasing them, for miles.....in a road rage incident.....The vehicle in which they were riding, was struck by his truck and run off the road....he just kept going and went home where he was found sleeping comfortable in his bed......2 others were injured but survived.......Why was he not put behind bars for good last time?

...does it really take 2 deaths to get justice? you are lucky that this maniac did not kill your husband in Holyoke.
    Yes, the Mack truck was my husbands. In this new incident where he killed the 2 people, he was originally just charged with evasion, but now I see he is charged with 2 counts manslaughter 1st degree (class B felony *) and reckless driving bail set at $100,000 but then still charged with Evading responsibility with death/serious injury, bail set at $1,000,000; so I am not sure just what is happening with that. Next court date is 11/13. You can track it by putting in his name here:
    http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/parm1.aspx
    You can see his jail info by putting in his name here:
    http://www.ctinmateinfo.state.ct.us/...nmt_num=306351

* Sec. 53a-55. Manslaughter in the first degree: Class B felony. (a) A person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when: (1) With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person; or (2) with intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person under circumstances which do not constitute murder because he committed the proscribed act or acts under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance, as provided in subsection (a) of section 53a-54a, except that the fact that homicide was committed under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance constitutes a mitigating circumstance reducing murder to manslaughter in the first degree and need not be proved in any prosecution initiated under this subsection; or (3) under circumstances evincing an extreme indifference to human life, he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby causes the death of another person.
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap9...#Sec53a-55.htm

Reckless Driving:
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap2...#Sec14-222.htm

You can email me directly at [email protected]

Is this AH in jail?

I read the stories in the web and was pretty outraged that people like him arent in jail, my blood was boiling.......

I think his lawyer doesn't want anything to do with this POS.

ugh

http://articles.courant.com/2012-02-...tes-police-dog

The arrest wasn't Berry's first. His record of convictions dates back at least 10 years; all of the crimes were committed in his hometown of Enfield.
    On May 9, 2002, Berry was fined $150 for disorderly conduct, according to judicial branch records. On Jan. 10, 2007, he received a 90-day suspended sentence after being convicted of second disorderly conduct, the records show.
    Six months later, on July 10, 2007, he was arrested on several charges after an assault involving an officer and a police dog. He received a suspended sentence of three years.

He was sent to jail for a year for violation of probation on June 11, 2009.
    Berry got more prison time on Feb. 23, 2010, when he was sentenced to 18 months for cruelty to animals for a 2008 incident in which he kicked a cat that later died.
    During Berry's arraignment at Superior Court in the Enfield double-fatal crash, Judge Howard Scheinblum referred to Berry's Connecticut record.
    Scheinblum also said that the Feb. 14 crash happened because Berry "forced" a car off the road with his pickup truck, causing it to flip, "and he didn't even stop."
    Passengers Michael "Mickey" Kennedy, 57, and Colleen Caruso, 34, both of East Windsor, died. Driver Glenn McIntyre, 32, and his other passenger, Joanna Olden, 31, survived.
    One witness told police that he thought the truck was chasing the car — a red Nissan Sentra — based on the speed of both vehicles at the time of the crash. Other witnesses, employees of Mickey Finn's Café, told police that they saw Berry "spinning his tires along with the red car" as the five left the bar.
    Berry told investigators that he was concerned about McIntyre — whom he knows — when he saw McIntyre's car "swerving" after both drivers left the bar. He followed McIntyre in his pickup truck to make sure he made it home all right, according to a police report. McIntyre's car "zig zagged" and suddenly was in front of him, even though Berry told investigators he had been a "considerable distance" behind it. The pickup truck and car collided.
    Great, all this guy needs is an enabling sister....

http://www.wggb.com/2012/02/15/not-g...y-enfield-man/

Robyn Berry says her brother, 46-year-old Kyle Berry, is not the monster people are making him out to be. Kyle Berry of Enfield is charged in connection with the Tuesday morning accident in which two people died. Police say Berry was driving the truck that struck a car from behind. The car went off the Broadbrook Road, struck a tree and rolled onto its roof.Two passengers in the car, 34-year-old Colleen Caruso and 57-year-old Michael Kennedy, both of East Windsor, were killed, two other people were injured. Police say Berry drove past the accident, turned around, drove past the car again, and then fled the scene.

Outside the courthouse Wednesday, Berry’s sister says her brother is a good person who did a foolish and terrible thing. He says,” My brother is sorry that two people were killed. It’s not about going to jail and being arrested. He’s just saying, Robyn, I killed two people and it’s killing him.”
    mistyshuman there are no words to take away your pain and horror. However, I hope Berry gets major time in jail. His bond was set at $1 million, and the judge REFUSED to lower it to $100,000.

May justice be done.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    Oh no! This I thought was a joke at first, then I realised , it's in no way funny on any level. Guy needs to be put away, menace to society and what a violent freak. Who know what else he's capable of. Damn, hope the pr*ck does a lotta time and it's not fun. Very sad and horrible and creepy. Sigh.

I hope they shut this guy way back in and throw away the key.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Update

This is what this scumbag has been up to. 2 dead, 2 seriously wounded. Mr. Berry is probably in prison for the rest of his natural life, because his Dad already mortgaged his house when he killed the cat.

http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc-enfield...,6727062.story

Above there are some quotes and links related to these latest charges, Donna - as well as a post from a woman who knew the two people killed. Just bloody sad.

I think Kyle's going away for a long, long time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Unfortunately, they've moved the trial to Hartford Superior Court. Bummer. That means Judge Scheindblum won't be on the bench. Oh well. I do hope they keep this jerk in jail. He truly is a danger to himself and others, not to mention animals.

Donna, I hope Kyle Berry doesn't see the light of day for the rest of his natural life. He is lower than pond scum (I apologize to all pond scum!)