Thread: 2012 Bowmanville Santa Claus Parade

2012 Bowmanville Santa Claus Parade

First of 99 pictures I took today at the 51st Bowmanville Santa Claus Parade.It was a nice day,a little cloudy then sunny,around 45-46F.Mom went again this year,Marlene came down with Shannon,her friend Jamie and Brandyn and Samantha.I am dedicating these pictures in memory of Terry(Daisy and Delilah),she always loved the pictures I would show from the parades and would give lovely comments about them.#1-4:Clarington Emergency Fire Services including Aerial1,Fire Mascot Sparky riding in an ATV and Clarington Fire Chief's car with parade announcer Kevin Anyan,#5-1970's Police Car,#6&7-Parade Banner,#8-Bowmanville Santa Claus Parade Committee Float,#9&10-Branch#178 Royal Canadian Legion Pipe Band and Color Party.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Barry, your weather was just a little cooler than it was here, we had a sunny day in the low 50s F, a nice night for the Chicago Magnificent Mile lighting tonight. Sure sign that the holidays are on the way- Barry has posted parade pictures!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

#11-#20

#11&12-Tigers,#13-John O'Toole- Provincial Parliament Representative-Durham East,#14-Sheep,#15-#17-Clarington Concert Band,#18-Grey Kittens,#19-Clarington project,#20-Look At Frosty Go-The Bennett Family & Friends.

#21-#30

#21-#25-Look At Frosty Go-The Bennett Family and Friends,#26-#30-And Puppy Dog Tails Dog and Cat Grooming Salon.

#31-#40

#31-#36:And Puppy Dog Tails Dog and Cat Grooming Salon,#37&38-One Starry Night...Great Joy-Knox Christian School,#39-Cobourg Legion Pipe Band,#40-Cruella Deville and Dalmations.

#41-#50

#41-#43:Snow Miser-Teens 4 Teens Food,Toy and Clothing Drive,#44-Pirates Of The Caribbean,#45-Bowmanville High School Band,#46&#47-Twas The Knights Before Christmas-Kinsmen Club of Bowmanville,#48&#49-1928 Model A Ford Roadster-Bill & Fran Andrew,#50-Kendal Fife And Drum Band.

#51-#60

#51-Harry Potter and Hogwarts Classmates,#52-#57-Therepeutic Paws Of Canada,#58-#60-Ontario Street Public School Christmas Locomotive-Grade 3 students and parents.

#61-#70

#61-#63-Ontario Street Public School Christmas Locomotive-Grade 3 students and parents,#64-#66-Santa Patrol-172 Clarington Air Cadets,#67&68-Happy Feet,#69&70-Christmas With Sponge Bob-First Student Bus Lines.

#71-#80

#71-Christmas With Sponge Bob-First Student Bus Lines,#72-Whitby Brass Band,#73-Keep Christ In Christmas-Knights Of Columbus-St.Joseph's Council(Bowmanville),#74-Wizard Of Oz,#75&76-"NDP"(New Democratic Party)campaign to elect Larry O'Connor.We are having a bye election on November 26th to elect a representative for this area to go to Ottawa,was left vacant by Bev Oda who resigned in July due to questionable spending habits.#77&78-Christmas Shopping In downtown Bowmanville-Historic Downtown Bowmanville,#79-Winnie The Pooh,#80-Thrup Nee Bit-two Bagpipers and a Conga player.

#81-#90

#81-Thrup Nee Bit-Two Bagpipers and a Conga player along with Celtic Lassies,#82-#84 -Walking Dead Xmas-Stacey Family and Friends,#85-#87-Music Box Dancers-Precision Dance Company,#88-Berenstein Bears,#89-Durham Regional Police Pipe Band,#90-Avon Wants You-Avon Canada

#91-#99

#91-Snowflakes,#92-Beyond the Sun,#93-Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps Bowmanville,#94-Mecko and friends,#95-Cobourg Concert Band,#96-#98-Santa Claus,#99-St.John Ambulance.The parade was a little shorter this year at 45 entries,down from 61 last,there is $500 entry fee for entering,have to have a certificate of insurance,the parade being a community event and no advertising,that's why our hockey team the Clarington Eagles can't be in it,uniforms are considered advertising yet all the bands wear uniforms and the Sea and Air Cadets wear uniforms,in the Oshawa parade Saturday night their team the Generals wore their uniform tops,the Central Public School band wasn't in it due to a government /teacher thing,teachers withholding services,this was one of then yet the Bowmanville High School Band was in the parade.

Parade Button

Button for this year's Parade,helps pay for putting it on plus the $500 entry fee per float which I think is a little steep.

Thanksgiving is over,how about getting into the Christmas spirit?

it's now December

it's now December,how about getting into the Christmas spirit and commenting on these pictures, it seems to be lacking this year.

Great set of pictures, looks like a very festive event.