Thread: Sprocket the Degu

Sprocket the Degu

Sprocket what an adorable fellow you are!!!

I enjoyed seeing your pictures and, of course, Widget's also!!! What a smile you two cuties gave me. I can tell your human smiles a lot thanks to you too. Please thank him/her for sharing you with us today. What fun it must be having you two for best pals.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet Sprocket and Widget!

Hi Sprocket in lovely Ireland! A very happy Pet of the Day to you, beautiful boy, and to your darling Degu sidekick Widget, too! What a precious, precious pair you two cuties make! Your photos, your close-ups and the ones of you and Widget snuggling (especially the bottom one), are beyond heart melting! Every now and then we're treated to a Degu Pet of the Day, always a treat, but lucky us, today we have not just one but two adorable Degus to gush over! Your Mom makes for one terrific ambassador, spreading the word about the great rewards of Degu companionship; assure her she's made one more human a big fan! She is one lucky soul, having two such joyful, funny and fun loving best furry friends in you two, and I hope for you and Widget, many, many more wonderful, love filled years with your devoted human! (She's very funny, too!)
    Thanks for the BIG smiles, Sprocket and Widget! I hope you two kids are enjoying your much deserved day of honor, spinning in your wheels, chowing down on all of those yummy foods (skip the diet, just today, hehe), being loved to the max and pampered to pieces!
    Lots of love, cuddles and little kisses to you, adorable Sprocket and Widget!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You're adorable Sprocket! Congrats on being POTD! I hope you and Widget are having a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you so much for these kind words about Sprocket and Widget. They know that they're special to me and will do anything and everything to put a smile on my face. They give the best cuddles, and will groom you back if you give them a belly scratch or scratch between the ears.

To me, they are one of the most rewarding pets; they can be like little dogs in rodent bodies. They are so curious about what's going on around them and, like dogs, want exactly what you have now! They make nearly everyone they come in contact with smile; even those who aren't terribly keen on animals.

My boys are fantastic ambassadors to degus (and to pets in general), without my help. If my younger cousins are visiting, they have to have (supervised!) play time with the degus about 4 or 5 times. They adore my boys so much; one little cousin, on hearing that degus can't have sugar, related it to his diabetic neighbour and our diabetic grandparents. He was saying that he likes to share food but knows who can't (or shouldn't) have sugary foods. Another little cousin was about to smuggle them home with her; my aunt thanked me for showing her about small animals and sparking an interest in animals. My boys certainly earn their keep

One thing that they love doing (apart from eating, sleeping and running) is sunbathing; unfortunately in Ireland (in particular, the North), we may only get a few weeks worth of sun. They love sitting in the warmth of the sunlight and pull some really funny poses while doing so. Even if they are sunbathing, they still manage to put a smile on your face.

To my boys, they are always POTD as they are (ever so slightly) spoilt. They wouldn't have it any other way, and I wouldn't change it either.