Thread: Dad! Look what I have for you!

Dad! Look what I have for you!

Some of you might remember me talking about my brother's cat, Max who is always up to something.

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2011/October/17.html

The other morning my brother woke up to sounds of Max out in the kitchen. Max was making unusual noises that my brother never heard him make before and my brother was wondering what Max was up to. Next think he knew Max was happily carrying something up onto the bed where my brother was sleeping. It looked like a toy mouse to my brother. However, the toy mouse was moving and Max, very proud of himself, dropped a live mouse onto my brother.

I guess the mouse jumped down and Max once again picked it up. Brother took the mouse from Max and put it outside.

Just another tale in the life of Max.

ROFL what a way to start your day! Um, glad it was your brother and not me - eek!

Good job ,Max! I would have had a blue fit though - snakes, frogs etc I can handle but no way with mice or rats !!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry View Post
    Good job ,Max! I would have had a blue fit though - snakes, frogs etc I can handle but no way with mice or rats !!
    Me either. My heart would have jumped out of my chest for sure!

Brother said Max is continuing a vigil at the site of the mouse find in hopes of catching another.

Good boy, Max! Keep that vigil going, as this is the time of year mice like to move in and cause trouble! Next time, though, you should probably dispatch it before presenting it to Dad, he's just NOT a cat, and will not appreciate the challenge properly.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Max, I think you might have surprised your dad just a bit! have you met Patch? He is another kitty who successfully caught a mouse in the house. Patch, this is Max and he needs to learn your trick of where to hide your hunting trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Dearest Patch,

I know, you got irritated when we took away your last kill.

However, that was not reason to hide that where you did.

We have a portable heater in our living room that stays behind the loveseat out of the way when not in use. The loveseat gets moved for vacuuming, etc, but the heater just sits there.

I moved it the other day as it was cool enough to need heat, but not cold enough to turn on the furnace.

Under the heater was a very dead mouse. Don't know when he put it there, but obviously we need to keep a better eye on hidey holes.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow!!! I sure wouldn't like any of my cats bringing me a live mouse and dropping it on my bed. Lately Ziggy has alerted me about spiders. She'll open up her eyes very wide and just stare at the ceiling. One was just above my bed and the other one was in the dining room. I was able to kill both of them quickly and they were both fairly large for spiders. The only things I want to live in my home are me and the cats.

Tigger once got a baby bird when he escaped once and gave my mom quite a look when she put the bird out.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Blog Entries

yikes ....heart failure lol

I think I woulda had heart failure for sure...I know I am much bigger than a mouse but I am terrified of them :/ yuck luckily m cat has only delivered dead mice and my husband gets the clean up job

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Some of you might remember me talking about my brother's cat, Max who is always up to something.

The other morning my brother woke up to sounds of Max out in the kitchen. Max was making unusual noises that my brother never heard him make before and my brother was wondering what Max was up to. Next think he knew Max was happily carrying something up onto the bed where my brother was sleeping. It looked like a toy mouse to my brother. However, the toy mouse was moving and Max, very proud of himself, dropped a live mouse onto my brother.

I guess the mouse jumped down and Max once again picked it up. Brother took the mouse from Max and put it outside.

Cats often bring gifts......

When a cat brings you a dead mouse or bird or even if it is alive he is bringing you a gift at least that is what he thinks he is doing. That is actually a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post