Thread: Plastic passion

Plastic passion

I decided to start a new thread because being on the West Coast of the USA means that I am apparently at the tail end of everyone else's comments and thus seldom get responses to my own comments, because everyone has already moved on to something new!

Anyhow, I wanted to pursue the question of plastic licking in cats. I was intrigued to see that not only today's handsome Cat of the Day, Rusty, is into that, but so are the cats of several others who wrote in. I am glad that my Julie is not the only one. It is puzzling what attracts them to the plastic and, like everyone else, I am always working to keep plastic bags, etc., out of Julie's reach.

Does anyone have any further input on this topic??
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

I think it's the "crunch" - at least it is in Grasshopper's case. And with her, it's a way of irritating us and getting our attention if we aren't keeping to her schedule!! She doesn't eat it, just chews on it (loudly!) and let's us know she needs something (usually food).
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

only my indra indulges in plastic passion.....but in chewing at it, at times he does ingest it purposely or not.....than he usually vomits it all up.....what a mess....plus i always worry he will somehow, someday, choke on it....i just dont understand why he is the only one that does it...in fact that is why i am up so early this morning...i heard him chewing at the plastic dropcloth i have down in the bedroom i began painting yesterday....so here i am all wide awake just because i had to wake up and pull up the dropcloths and put them behind closed doors in another room....he also loves the gift wrap tie and paper that one wraps a gift in....sigh....my holiday presents, which i think look so pretty sitting out until the big day, now have to be hidden away! indra is a pesky little boy.

ROFL, Lillycat!

Grasshopper's favorite Christmas thing is munching then barfing tinsel, which is why it doesn't go on our tree anymore!! That can actually cause them some pretty severe intestinal distress, I've heard.
    Cats, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!!!
    Last edited by kohala; 12-02-2002 at 04:42 PM.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

A lot of plastics have stuff in them that originally comes from animal fat. Cats have really good sense of smell. The bags might smell like "food."