Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michelle / Kittycats_Delight is home from hospital

Michelle / Kittycats_Delight is home from hospital

Just received an email from Michelle. Some will recall she prepared our PT calendars earlier than usual this year, as she had surgery pending. I will just copy and paste as this is all the info I have, lol.

I got home from hospital late Sunday. I have not been up to much but wanting to sleep since I got home. I am on my last legs here now but wanted o drop you a quick line. I am still having pain and have a huge amount of meds to take daily. Doctor said the first month would be very hard. After that it will become easier within the second month and so on. Would be nice to wish away the time along with the pain but that isn't possible. Just wanted to let you know I made it through surgery ok and am recovering. I will post on PT when I can. If you want to you can go ahead and let folks know. I had Bilio-Pancreatic Diversion (surgery name) and it was to cure my diabetes first and foremost. It will also cure my hypertension and knock off weight. I can fill in more when I post. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. (((HUGS)))) <3 Michelle

Good to hear she is home, and we look forward, with her, to a healthier life once she recovers! Thanks for posting, Sandie!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you for updating us Sandie. I was wondering how it went. Good to know she is well, at home and recovering.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Prayers for recovery! Thank you for posting.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Big prayers for Michelle! I hope and pray for a smooth recovery from the surgery.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Michelle.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers and warm healing energies are being sent to Michelle. Take it easy and heal comfortably, sweetie!

Thanks for the update, Sandie.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Loving wishes for a swift recovery for Michelle
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Hugs and Prayers for a smooth recovery and excellent outcome!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hope the recovery quickens its pace! We miss you, Michelle!

Thank you all for the well wished. They are much appreciated. I just posted on FB a little bit to Tracey (krazyaboutkatz) about the surgery and thought I should do the same to those who might like to know here.

The surgery I had is called bilio-pancreatic diversion. It's a bariatric surgery. It was to cure my diabetes, which I might add is now in the normal range always, without meds and no matter what I eat, but it is used more widely as an obesity surgery for desperate cases. It was invented to cure diabetes though originally and so my case was a test book case for the surgical team. The surgery went well..my surgeon said basically it was by the book.

My surgeon said the first month post surgery is extremely hard and I can attest to that but also the second month will be quite difficult as well. It gets a little easier and a little better each day. My diet is mainly protein. In my first 6-12 months I will need to eat 50 grams of protein a day after the first year it increases to 100 grams a day. Only a portion of the calories (vitamins, minerals, fats, cholesterol etc) I consume are absorbed from my foods unless it is simple sugars like sweets, fruit etc...all those calories etc are absorbed so those things need to be limited. I have my 1 treat of simple sugars a day. Usually a scoop of ice cream and I'm quite happy with that. I have never been a big eater of sweets. It will be nice when I can eat pasta & veggies again but I won't be able to do that for many months, 6-8 to be exact. A lot of things I liked before I don't like any longer and same goes for things I didn't like before I like now. I need things with lots of flavor because, atleast for now, can't really taste any mild flavors. Not sure if that will change once the 'new car' gets a few miles on it and things equal out. LOL The term 'new car' refers to my new digestive system and the father (inventor of the procedure) called it this to me when he came to reassure about the operation. It was quite funny. Anyway, I could give you all the gory details of what was done but will spare you.

I did enjoy pizza for the first time last night since my surgery and I tell you the first taste was heavenly! I was surprised actually as I ate 2 piece, 1/3 of the pizza and I wasn't bloated. It has been normal for me to eat very small amounts but feel bloated all the same. I was very happy with the results. This morning I had my treat for the day for breakfast, ice cream. 1 scoop of strawberry/lime. It was so good. I simply can't get over the flavor of the lime. Anyway, before I go on and on and on I will stop here.

Thank you for all the kind words and the encouragement. much
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Welcome back, Michelle! So glad to hear that all went well and you enjoyed your first post-surgical pizza! The ice cream breakfast sounds delightful too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So glad to hear from you! Wonderful news on the surgery and prayers things continue to go well!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Glad you feel well enough to post again, that in itself is a big thing -- at least for all of us, your online cyber friends!

Continue to heal and feel better! I agree, pizze last night, ice cream today for breakfast, sounds good.

Sounds like all is good! Enjoy the new tastes! I have been delighting in things I can eat after parting with my gall bladder.
    I've Been Frosted