Thread: STUNNING pictures of Grendel!

STUNNING pictures of Grendel!

A friend of a friend came by a few weeks ago to take photos of Grendel for me. Naturally, he was DEEP in blue when she arrived, but she made the best of it and got some stunning photos!

I tried to pick my favorites to post, but I just couldn't, so here's a TON of pics. I saved the best for last!!

One of the ones I'm having prints made of. Wow.

Hello there!

Love those zombie eyes...

Obligatory tongue shot!!

Same pose, no tongue!

Just a teeny bit of tongue

Finally....my favorite one of the bunch!

A HUGE Thank You to Rooty for taking these photos and editing them for me!! You're the best!!!

WOW These are absouletly breath-taking! Your friend did a wonderful job. Grendel should become a model.

RIP Sally

He's so shiny he almost doesn't look real!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you. I love looking at this snake. I'm thankful he's so friendly, because he gets WAY more one-on-one time than any of the others, just so I can look at him.

Wonderful pictures, fabulous snake! Love to Grendel
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm glad you enjoyed them!! He's an incredible boy!

I like the fourth one from the top in post #2. What is Grendel when he isn't deep in blue? Grendel, I'm with Sally-and-snow -- you should be a model! The photographer did a spectacular job.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

"In blue" is snakey slang for "about to shed". (Sorry, I copied my original post from a reptile board and forgot to clarify!)

Since he was about to shed, he has an extra layer of skin over everything. It's what causes his eyes to be that silvery-blue color, and it dulls the rest of his colors too. He's normally a very rich red around the face and silky ebony everywhere else. In these he's a nice burnt-orange around the face and silvery black over the rest of his body. VERY handsome, but not at his full potential IMO. The first few days after he sheds, he positively glows.

There is no doubt that Grendel is an absolutely gorgeous snake, and these photos of him certainly emphasize his good looks! Your friend did a marvelous job.

Blog Entries
    Those are neat pictures of Grendel, he is beautiful. In blue means he is ready to shed his skin. Do you know approximately how many times they shed their skin or is it an on going thing with them like dogs or cats shedding their fur? Grendel's eyes even have a shade of blue covering over them.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Those are neat pictures of Grendel, he is beautiful. In blue means he is ready to shed his skin. Do you know approximately how many times they shed their skin or is it an on going thing with them like dogs or cats shedding their fur? Grendel's eyes even have a shade of blue covering over them.
    Snakes shed regularly throughout their life. They shed more when they are babies or when they are recovering from an injury, but even my elderly hognose still sheds a few times a year.

Wow! Grendel is gorgeous! Those are fantastic pics! I love his eyes!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla