Thread: Quetzalcoatl !!!

Quetzalcoatl !!!

Quetzalcoatl, you're such a gorgeous snake!!! Thank goodness you were rescued! I've never seen a snake colored like you.
    Congrats on being POTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Magnificent Quetzalcoat!

Happy Pet of the Day, Quetzalcoatl! I don't know what's most impressive...your eye popping beauty, your heart warming rescue story, or your too cool name!

Like chocolatepuppy, I don't think I've ever met a snake with your "shimmering rainbow of iridescence," with a pattern as unique as yours...breathtaking! But it's your indomitable spirit and your will to survive, along with your human's unwavering devotion to you that is most impressive of all. It's heartbraking to think that you were once so abused and neglected, sustaining permanent damage to your jaw But thankfully you found your way to the perfect healer, the perfect forever human; a responsible and committed guardian able to meet your very special needs, with a heart full of patience, and oh, just look at you now! What an uplifting, inspirational, life affirming success story is yours, Quetzalcoatl! It truly is an honor to have met you and your guardian today, to have had the opportunity to pay tribute to you both!
    Enjoy your well earned day of honor, beautiful boy, with wishes for continued good health, and many, many more peaceful, carefree years with your amazing person!
    Lots of love to you and gentle strokes to you, magnificent Quetzalcoatl!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

my snake

Questzalcoatl is stunning!! I sure hope he no longer suffers pain from his jaw injury.
    I have a ball python, and he was in pretty much the same state when I got him. All rolled up, scared and skinny, and it took a very long time to get him to feel better. The joy was great when he finally started to eat, and shed later on. I had to help him the first time he shed his skin, but he really enjoyed it, and crawled all over me.
    However, he did bite my father a few times when I just got him, and he never got to like him very much. But he's great with me, and my mother as well.
    It's so horrible when people mistreat a poor animal, and people seem to think a snake doesn't have feelings...well, they do!

Blog Entries

Quetzalcoatl

A very unique name for a very unique snake, I imagine Quetzalcoatl is the most beautiful snake I will ever see! Wishing Q a very long and healthy life,peace and love

You are THE most gorgeous snake, Quetzalcoat!!! I wonder what your name means . . . maybe "the rescued one"? So glad you are under the care of someone who can meet your specific needs, and that you are now healthy and nourished. I wish you a glorious POTD celebration and many more happy, healthly years with your devoted guardian!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Quetzalcoatl, you are magnificent! I'm glad you are in such good hands now!

Quetzalcoatl, I think your colors and pattern are exactly what everyone has said -- eye popping, magnificent, gorgeous and stunning! I also think yours is a wonderful success story, in that you came into the care of someone who knew how to help you regain your health and ability to trust. I wouldn't say I am a snake fan but I hate to see any creature be mistreated or harmed. Score one for you and your very caring person! Happy Pet of the Day to you, Quetzalcoatl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks everyone for the comments on Quetzalcoatl! He's a pleasure to have around, even though his shyness means that I rarely see him unless I take him out to do maintenance on his enclosure or for feedings and such. Occasionally he'll come out to soak in his water dish which is big enough for him to completely submerge himself in (they love to be in the water since they are closely related to anacondas, although they don't get nearly as big).

AvaJoy, his name means "Feathered Serpent" (basically) and this was the name of one of the ancient Aztec gods, which was said to be extremely beautiful.

Snoefie, I'm glad to hear that your ball python is doing better! I also have a ball python. I find it very helpful when you first see them turn opaque to bump up the humidity in their enclosure to about 75% to 85% until they shed. Mine always sheds his skin in a single piece when I do this, just like pulling off a sock!

Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    AvaJoy, his name means "Feathered Serpent" (basically) and this was the name of one of the ancient Aztec gods, which was said to be extremely beautiful.
    I'm glad you gave name origin, as I am enamoured with unusual names and always like to know from where, what or whom they were derived. I have many Indian artifiacts from South America including charms of the different Gods and sculptures. My parents (long deceased) lived in S. America for 20 years before I was born, and brought home many interesting items. If Aztec is not S. American, I am sorry to be ignorant, but would like to think it is. Thanks again!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Quote Originally Posted by AvaJoy View Post
    IIf Aztec is not S. American, I am sorry to be ignorant, but would like to think it is. Thanks again!
    It is Central/South American. The Aztecs were focal to Central America (Honduras/Mexico) but their cultural influence overlapped into the South Americas. This is also part of the reason I chose this name for him, since his species is indigenous to South America so it seemed to fit culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    It is Central/South American. The Aztecs were focal to Central America (Honduras/Mexico) but their cultural influence overlapped into the South Americas. This is also part of the reason I chose this name for him, since his species is indigenous to South America so it seemed to fit culturally.
    Oh, I can't believe I was right!! My Father was an avid photographer and I have soooo many pictures he took in S. America. I don't recall ever seeing one of a snake, but there could be and I will have to look whenever I have the time to go through all his slides/photos again. Many are in black and white (parents lived in Ecuador & Guatemala (sp.?) back in the 1940's and earlier) but some are in color. He even took movies. If I ever do find a color picture of your snake I would love for you to have it! Thanks again for nominating your beautiful snake, and so glad that "Q" was chosen as POTD for all of us to enjoy!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=