Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China was rushed to the White coats.. :( not looking good

China was rushed to the White coats.. :( not looking good

Everything was fine this morning..dogs were their usual selves.. only that they were opening the gate of the backyard.. but it goes to another section of the backyard... so nothing to worry.. only that i use the space to separate dogs when needed.. in this case the lil bully I took in a week ago was there.. so they were all playing together nicely..

around noon I went with my inlaws to celebrate my baby's bday.. (I had already had a bday party with my side of the family when my older kid had his).. anyway.. around 5pm my dad called me saying he was on the roof and saw China laying quite weird, so he stared at her until he saw her breathe.. he thought she was dead.. then when he came down he heard her whimper and that's when he called me to rush back home..

so I did..

when I went out she was laying really weird.. and I thought she was gone already.. but saw her chest move.. I ran up to her and started checking her.. nothing seemed weird other than her pupils overly dilated, her eyes were like in a lost gaze.. and not moving.. I called the vet as I was loading her to the car.. we rushed and she was like a rag.. completely flaccid..

the vet started her in IV's.. gave her something to calm her down and to raise her temp.. she was hypothermic.. yes, a husky was stone cold ..
    her breathing and heart rate was not good, pupils non responsive and super dilated.. she was having spasms..

vet thinks she was poisoned.. what's weird is that there is no access to my backyard unless from the neighbors backyard.. my yard is like a plain rectangle of dirt with a brick grill and a dog house.. so there are no toxic fluids or stuff laying around.. no anti-freeze.. no nothing.. unless a poisoned animal got in and she ate it.. but the worrying part is the fast way it took her down..

she did got a lil better after 3 hrs of fluids and medication.. she was left to spend the night over there.. and we'll see how she responds.. so it's a wait and see type of deal.. ..

please keep her on your thoughts
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

OH no, poor China. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Hugs to you Isabel!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

You and China will be in our prayers. Get better pretty girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for China and husky_mom!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How scary! Good vibes headed that way, hoping for the best!
    {{{Hugs}}} to you and China.

Oh my, China, saying prayers in RI for you, and for the white coats who are helping you.

Sending prayers for China...
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

thank you all for your concern and healing vibes..

sad to announce she didn't make it .. she had severe internal bleeding as well, and never really was able to keep her temp back to normal despite all the IV's, meds, blankets, hair dryer and heating lamps.. her body just couldn't handle whatever it was she ingested..

I took her collar, a bit of her fur and she was taken to be buried.. she is no longer in pain...

we are all perplexed as to why and how.. my backyard has no access to the front, so the only ones available would be my neighbors from the sides and back..(an old lady, a family with a dog and an abandoned house) our best guess is that it was a poisoned animal as my other dogs are fine still today.. so whatever it was only China ate.. or so we think.. I'm on a strict checking status in case any of the others show any symptoms at all..

China had non.. till all of a sudden collapsed.. and went downhill pretty fast..

She is greatly missed already.. my dogs wonder where she is at and where did I took her as she didn't come back with me.. the house is quiet.. there was no dog that started the howlapalooza this morning .. no more woos to be heard.. but now she can romp the RB while dancing in the clouds..

R.I.P. my sweet girl.. the last link to my first dog.. have fun, and woo your head off :´)
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh Isabel, I am so sorry.
    I saw the initial information on FB but didn't see the full story until just now. I am so so sorry.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Oh No! I just read the entire thread and was sad to learn that your China died. I am so sorry; what a shock for everyone. I know she will be missed by all. ((Hugs)) to you.

I'm so sorry to hear this Isabell. That is so awful and sudden. Poor sweet girl, she was such a beautiful dog. Run free north of the rainbow bridge China.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm sorry to read this, Isabel. It's bad enough to lose them and you know why they are gone - but a case like this will always have you wondering the exact what and why of it.

RIP China, and {{{hugs}}} to you, Isabel.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My friend's dog died in a similar way, and it was determined he had ingested poison someone had left out for rats. Maybe a rat had eaten poison somewhere, and was on its way home and China ate it. Rest in peace, pretty girl. I've moved this thread to Dog Memorial, where it now belongs.
    I've Been Frosted

Isabel, I am so so sorry. You know you did everything possible for China. Bless the vet and staff that did their utmost. Prayers that the rest of your pack stays healthy.

You can all hug each other...it will do you all good.

Rest peacefully, beautiful China.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda