Thread: Ethan and Sala wanna say "Hi!" (Ethan is a lobster - post #13)

Ethan and Sala wanna say "Hi!" (Ethan is a lobster - post #13)

Its been a while, but if you don't remember me, then hopefully you remember the kids!

Ethan wants everyone to know that although he is turning 9 years old next week, and his aunt referred to him as a senior dog the other day, he can still keep the yard squirrel-free! Really, this dog hasn't slowed down at all. The poor guy has had a ton of bladder issues in the past year. Mainly just reoccurring bladder infections that have resulted in x-rays, prostate exams, blood tests, antibiotics, etc. He had the beginning of stones, but we got them taken care of. He'll probably need to have the lipoma on his side (you can kinda see it in this photo) removed sometime during the next year. Its just like the other one we had removed on his other side. The poor kid is getting very familiar with the vet's office!

Sala is doing great as well. She has officially turned in to mom's dog, though. They are like two old "girlfriends", just sitting around taking naps together, gossiping, and fixing their hair and nails. (: In fact, she will be staying with mum when I make the big move at the end of the month. It took me a long time to finally come to that decision, but I know my mum will need the company (I'm the last one to leave the nest), and its truly evident that Sala and mum are perfect for eachother. Plus, I think Sala will enjoy getting all the attention. Mum already spoils her so much that I told her "If I come to visit and Sala has gained a bunch of weight, I'm stealing her back!" Mum is bad about giving human food to the dogs, but she is getting better.

Ethan's intense "let me out now" face. Khaith the cat would like to go out, too, but he is banished to be an indoor only cat like our others. Poor cat, he's stuck with a warm bed, a flat screen tv, and all the catnip he could ever want. I abuse him, don't I?

Sala looks so sad in this photo. I guess I would too if two cats were giving me the hind-end. Poor Sala, I bet she wishes she wasn't on the same level as them...

Ethan and Adelaide doing what they do best. Actually, I've been doing a lot of this the past two days since I've been sick. The pets are taking good care of me... basically just laying on top of me so I am trapped on the couch instead of moving around doing things. Oh well, being sick and trapped makes for a perfect moment to pop in to PT to see what's going on. I'm sure I've got a lot of catching up to do!
    Last edited by Casper; 11-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Hi, Ethan and Sala! Hi, Khaith and Adelaide! I'm glad all of you are such good nurses to your person! I'm very happy to see all of you again
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hello! So nice to see these lovely photos. I have missed seeing your babies.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Blog Entries
    Ethan & Sala are so cute. There is nothing like the cuddles of pets to make a person feel better. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Thanks, guys! They do make great nurses. I'm feeling better except....

Today I realized Sala was straining to urinate. She had been put on antibiotics last week for a bladder infection (what is it with my dogs and bladder infections?!) and after another trip to the vet today it turns out she now has a ton of stones and will be having surgery tomorrow. I'm definitely not looking forward to having to work tomorrow while worrying about my little girl. My sister works at the clinic she is having the surgery done at, so at least she will be there all day for her. Still... its my little girl!

Hmm, I wonder if there's some mineral content in your ayer that is causing them to get stones? Worth asking the vet ...
    I've Been Frosted

It's good to see Ethan and Sala! Yes, I remember you. Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Sala.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sala did great today during surgery. She had quite a few stones, and my sister knows me far too well that she kept a couple to give me. The doc said that it looked like she had bladder stones removed before (judging by an old scar). She was rescued as a presumed 4-5 year old, so who knows what kind of medical issues she has had that we don't know about. Tonight Sala will spend the night at her aunt (my sister)'s place and I will go pick her up tomorrow after work. I'm glad the worry part is over, and I hope the stones don't come back any time soon! Thanks to those who kept her in your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if there's some mineral content in your ayer that is causing them to get stones? Worth asking the vet ...
    I thought the same thing, but mum said she asked the Dr and he believes it is just a coincidence. I know there is food specially formulated to reduce the occurrence of bladder stones. I was going to ask more on this when I pick Sala up tomorrow.

Good to hear Sala did well.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Of course I remember you and your pups. They are looking great! Glad to hear that Sala's surgery went well.

Blog Entries
    Just read about Sala's surgery. Glad to hear it was a success & she is doing well.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Courtney! It's so good to see you .

I'm sorry about Ethan and Sala both having bladder issues, but at least they are resolved for now. They are both looking great, as are the kitties!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thanks, guys! Its been crazy around here, so I haven't seen your replies until now. Sala is home and pretty much back to normal, taking her meds like a pro, and being the spoiled little princess she always is. I wanna give her a bath SO bad, but I really don't want to bother her stitches. I guess she will have to look like a barbarian for a little longer...

Ethan, on the other hand, has turned into a lobster.

($1 leftover halloween costumes are too good to pass up. I think Ethan disagrees)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    ($1 leftover halloween costumes are too good to pass up. I think Ethan disagrees)
    Hee hee - the embarrassment is palpable!
    I've Been Frosted

The fur family is looking good!