Thread: Ogma!!!

Ogma!!!

This is Ogma (Og for short), and he is a Dogue de Bordeaux, also known as a French mastiff. I wasn't supposed to have him in the first place but I'm sure glad I ended up with him. He's been like a child to me, my best friend, my confidant, and my protector.

He's come a long way from when I first got him, physically and mentally. The once awkward, ill-mannered, destructive, shy, gangly one-year-old pup has grown into a fine dog. The first few months were the hardest, with his urge to chew and eat things he shouldn't (shoes, wii-mote, remote, computer mouse, cell phone...etc), along with the usual puppy problems. He's grown now and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He has a great personality, pretty silly at times, very playful, he loves cuddles and to sit on people. He has to most expressive brows I have ever seen in a dog. Even though he drools excessively (I've slipped and fallen in it), he snores like a motorcycle, bulldozes right through me, steps on my feet, and completely manipulates me to get whatever he wants ... I love him with all my heart.

Good afternoon, Og! I have never met a Dogue de Bordeaux before and you look very noble and handsome in your portraits! I smiled when I read about how you like to sit on people, sometimes step on your person's feet and snore a little bit It sounds like every day at your house is jammed full of fun, love and happiness! You grew out of your gangly puppy phase and became an amazing companion and friend to your person! I am so happy to meet you today, Og! Please have your person give you a huge hug from me -- happy Dog of the Day to you, noble Sir Og!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries

Ogma

Ogma is simply brilliant and irresistable! Perfect DOTD, I'm like so in love Please forward a big smooch to awsome Ogma from me eh? Peace and love from British Columbia

Awesome Ogma!

Hi Ogma! Happy Dog of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a handsome hunk of Dogue de Bordeaux you are, one gentle giant of a canine! And with a face as precious, as irresistible as yours (love the brow action, hehe), what's a little drool between buds!

You may have been a handful of frustration during your puppy phase (more like a diamond in the rough)...awkward, ill-mannered, destructive, shy and gangly, but oh, what a sparkly gem of a pup you've grown up to be! And though you not have been planned, it's clear you and your person were meant to be, together forever! How lucky she/he is, having a furkid and best friend for life; a confidant, a loving and loyal protector in you, Ogma! As she/he says...

"He snores like a motorcycle, bulldozes right through me, steps on my feet, and completely manipulates me to get whatever he wants. I love him with all my heart!"

That's the very definition of unconditional love, Ogma, and no pup, no creature, could ask for more in a forever human! What a perfect pair you and your person make, Ogma, and I wish for two, many, many more wonderful years of shared love and devoted friendship!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, beautiful boy! It was a pleasure meeting you today, having the chance to pay tribute to the very special boy that you are, and all that you mean to your family! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, and every minute of your wonderful life!
    Lots of love, hugs and slobbery kisses to you, beautiful Ogma!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

OMG...Ogma I don't think I have ever seen - or even heard of - a Dogue de Bordeaux! How exciting. And the photo with your generous pink tongue is fantastic.

Congrats on Dog of the Day!

Ogma!

Ogma - I laughed as I read about you and looked at your pics...adorable!
    Enjoy being Dog of the Day!

What a handsome, burly creature you are, Ogma! You have such a fan in your best friend, what a lucky pair you are! You look like a wise old professor.

What a handsome boy you are Ogma!!! Congrats on being DOTD! I hope it was a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wonderful !!

I am so far behind !

You are a stunner. SO nice to meet a big and beautiful breed like you.

You will settle to become a even more wonderful than you are now !
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/

Just wanted to thank everyone for their lovely thoughts and comments about Og and myself...THANK YOU!!