Thread: Nico

Nico

Nico...You are a handsome fellow. I am so glad there was a happy ending to your story. You are a very beautiful animal.
    I love Sheppard's but don't see many anymore. I love all your pictures. Congratulations on DOTD. You deserve it big boy.
    Nico, have a long and wonderful life with your loving family.

Linda in SC

Nico the Rescuer!

I went to a meeting and really felt like I had found our calling. An evaluation was set up after I attended a few trainings and he did amazing. He captures everyone's heart so easily and has incredible drive to not only work, but to please. He stole my heart and our bond is so incredibly strong. We are proud members of our team and work hard together to make a difference. Nico has found his forever home with me, and went from needing rescue, to helping others in need of the same.
    Wow, Nico! Your story is absolutely amazing! From being rescued to doing rescue work, just amazing. I was knocked back after I read it! Oh my goodness, what you have been through and what your person did to save your life. I would love to give you some huge hugs today - I hope your person will do that for me. I enjoyed all the pictures but especially the ones of you in the autumn leaves and the one at the very bottom - is that your sister with you? On second thought, hugs to you and sister today!

Happy Dog of the Day to you, dear Nico! I wish you much success in your rescue work and a long, joyful, fun-filled, happy life!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Inspirational Nico!

Greetings Nico! A very happy Dog of the Day to, beautiful boy!
    I can't say it better than Cassiesmom, so just let me pile on!

Yours is truly is one amazing, uplifting, life affirming, inspirational story! From facing the most unspeakable of fates, from rescued to rescuer; simply amazing! What an inspiration you and your human are, to dog lovers and canines alike! And how big your heart, to be giving back, paying forward, the love and compassion shown to you in your time of need so selflessly, by saving others! Great thanks to your person for saving you, giving one most deserving pup a 2nd chance at a happy, rich, meaningful life!

The noble GSD is beloved for their keen intelligence, their unwavering devotion and loyalty to their people, their love for work and incredible drive! You encompass all of those fine attributes and so much more, Nico, and your special person, and all who have the privilege of having their lives touched by you, are truly blessed! What a very special bond you and your person have forged, Nico, and I hope for you and for her/him, many, many more years of shared loved and devoted companionship! And oh yeah, you've stolen my heart as well, big time, not only with your moving story, but your heart melting photos! I love them all, but you amongst those Fall leaves, posing so proudly beside your sister, have melted my heart!

Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart! I hope you and your lovely sister are spoiled rotten today!
    Lots of love and big hugs to you, beautiful Nico, and to your sister too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

Nico

Wow, Nico is wonderful, this was a tear jerker. When I think how terrible things could have turned out for Nico and all that he's giving back now, well chokes me up! It's nice to hear about kind, educated people up for makin' a difference too. Hurrray for Nico! The most awsome, deserving DOTD!! Peace and love

Hello Nico,

I love stories with happy endings and boy does yours fit the bill.
    It makes me so happy to know what a great home you have now & what important
    work you do for us humans. R & R Teams are so appreciated & do such vital work.
    Congratulations on being our special DOG OF THE DAY. Hugs & Kisses to you Nico.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

With Love

I cried reading Nico's story.

So many are branded and killed...

Nico had a reason to be.. and you helped him realise his love and his potential.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU !!!!

Live long and know that your place in this Firmament is assured.
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/

Nice Nico!

What an amazing story, Nico! I'm so happy for you...in a loving forever home, now rescuing after first being rescued!
    Enjoy being Dog of the Day!

You're a gorgeous boy Nico!!! It seems you turned out to be quite a good dog! Congrats on being DOTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla