Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cat drooling after teeth are pulled

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Buddy is not drooling as much as he used to but he still sneezes time to time. His 3rd eyelid is still showing (3/4) & he sleeps over 20 hrs a day. Im not sure but i dont think hes peeing or pooping. What over the counter stuff can i get to help him along ? His appetite is good & hes drinking water but not much. The vet did give me a refill of clindacure on the 22nd & he said it was for 10 days but it lasted only 7. Hmmmm.
    A kitty that isn't urinating or defecating can be a medical emergency in and of itself. His appetite is good, so I'm sure he's voiding his bowels somewhere (if not in the litterbox, then somewhere else, I hate to say...). Nothing OTC will truly help him out. The only SAFE suggestion I have is to ask your vet.

facebook

Buddy is in very bad shape. The vet believes he has a mouth tumor. He noticed one side of his mouth was all bone. Buddy will be put to sleep tomorrow & it hurts so bad. Buddy continued to drool & sneeze & he bled from the mouth. Buddy also stopped eating & drinking & i forced fluids & food in him & it did no good. Buddy was a unique cat. During the winter he would jump on my bed & crawl under the covers. He used his head to get under. When i opened a can of cat food he was the first in line & the other 4 cats knew he was top cat. He also did strange things such as opening a cabinet door & kicking his back feet against the sides. I will miss him dearly. I have no children so my cats are my kids. I know ill lose it at the vet tomorrow & i dont care who sees me. Shedding tears is showing love. I lost it today when i talked to the vet in yucaipa. I know life will go on for me & as time passes it will get easier for me to deal with but damn it hurts. I named him buddy cause he was everyones buddy. Everyone liked him even the people who didnt care for cats. Why the creator gave small animals such a short life compared to humans ill never understand. The vet did say buddys age (15 or 16) worked against him. Four of my cats have been euthenized in the past 10 yrs & it never gets easier handling the death of the next one. Thanks for all the posts.

Oh, steel, so sorry to hear this. Cats too often hide any pain or illness until it is too late for us to do anything about them. You'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so very sorry. Prayers for Buddy and you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Steel, I am so so sorry. You are putting what is best for Buddy first, and that just rips us up when we do that last act of love for our furkids.

There is a story about how a couple has a vet at their home and are told that their dog Belker is dying of cancer. The vet offers to perform euthanasia at their home and the couple thinks their 6 year old son should be there as he might learn something.

After poor old Belker is at peace, the adults are talking and asking why pets don't live as long as humans. The 6 year old says he knows why, and tells them:

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

It's the same for Buddy, and all the furbabies we love so much.

Buddy loves you. He will always be with you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Buddy passed away earlier today. Ill be burying him in my back yard behind my bedroom window. He died peacefully. I was in the vets office with him when the vet gave him the shot. I now regret not spending much time with him during his last days. He spent his last days on the couch with covers on him. I did say hi & pet him time to time. He was in very bad shape but at least last week i took him outside a few times & let him walk around my home. He has been a indoor cat for over 14 yrs. Ill miss him dearly. Ill bury buddy with a small blanket over him. I did kiss him goodbye & petted him during his final moments on this earth. He was a very special cat. RIP my beloved buddy.

Rest in peace, dear kitty. I have moved this thread over to Cat Memorial. Our condolences.

Steel, do not regret any of this past week, you gave him love, cared for him, and that is what he will remember. He will take with him the memories of happy times, and be waiting for you, whole and well, up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

I am sorry for your loss
    Buddy is no longer suffering
    He is healthy and whole again waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

I just went though the same thing on the 19th
    I stayed in the room with my boy petting him kissing him and crying my eyes out
    I know what your going through.
    Its not an easy thing to do but it was what was best for your sweet boy.
    Let the happy memories of your baby boy get you through this tough time
    you are in my thoughts and prayers
    (hugs) take care

I'm so sorry about Buddy. You were a wonderful purrent.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so very sorry, Deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear Buddy, to you and all who love him so very much. You and he have shared many, many years of deep and true love, which is eternal and is with you both forever.

Rest in peace, dearest Buddy, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Dear Buddy is waiting for you there and will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day. God bless you and bring you peace and comfort.

Last edited by phesina; 12-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Buddy. Please take care.

We are so sorrty to hear about the passing of your friend Buddy.
    Seldom has a Cat been better named as Buddy was a good Buddy to you and all who had the pleasure of knowing him.
    Buddy has his wings of Silver and Gold now as Our Awesome Angels rmy starts their tour of New Zealand.
    Buddy Angel will love touring the world , but will drop in to see how you are until you meet again in Paradise.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Steel,
    I am so sorry for the loss of Buddy. He was much loved. As said earlier, letting Buddy go was the act of final love. We know how much it hurts. Hugs to you.
    Cat