Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Frito Feet Anyone??

Frito Feet Anyone??

I was sitting with a group of friends the other day, all of whom own dogs. My one friend and I started talking about how we love the smell of our dog's feet. Almost in unison, we laughed, "Oh, yeah! Frito feet! Our other friends all looked puzzled and said "What....????" They had NO idea what we were talking about! We said, "You know, that kind of corny, toasty, roasted smell, especailly on their front paws. Dont' you ever smell your dog's feet?" They thought it was gross and had no clue! My friend and I both said sometimes the smell is so strong we can smell their frito feet even when they're just lying next to you. "No, they said. That's gross. We don't kiss or smell their feet." How sad, I thought. Since I was a kid, I remember one of my fondest memories of my first dog was kissing and smelling her little paws as we slept in bed. My first whiff of frito feet. I understand it is a result of their licking their paws; the smell a result of the dried saliva. Anyone else know what I am talking about? By the way, in my family, the same smell on kitty paws is called "popcorn tootsies!"

I know our dogs lick their paws (because it drives my parents insane if they do it when they're all in bed), but I can't recall their paws smelling that way! They usually just smell like dirt to me--they're country dogs, you know. I'll be inspecting their paws more closely from now on.

I do love kissing their paws--both the tiny Yorkie paws and the big Corgi paws. My sister once remarked that the Yorkie's paws were the size of stamps. I asked her what size the Corgi's paw was. She replied, "Commemorative stamps".

Your post will probably be the funniest thing I read today.

OH GOD!! TATS!!! I AM LAUGHING SO HARD I'M GONNA RIP SOMETHING! I absolutely CANNOT believe you wrote that!! I saw the topic and lost it! I would have NEVER told a soul but YES! That is EXACTLY what Cody's feet smell like! Years ago when he put his back leg on my thigh I thought I smelled something like delicious Fritos. Knowing I hadn't had any, I took a whiff and MY GOD!! It WAS FRITOS! I wipe down his paws everynight and they still smell like Fritos!! No words can tell you how FUNNY I think this is! What a coincidence! THANKS! for the laugh at 9a on a Friday!!! LOL!! LOL!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I must admit, I have never, ever smelled my dogs feet, for fear of smelling something evil that they may have stepped in (or for fear that someone would see me). Now am intrigued...will have to wait until I am alone with my furkids to check this out. Hubby would commit me for sure He already thinks I'm not wrapped too tight for kissing them goodbye in the mornings before I go to work. Thanks for the belly laugh this AM TAT.

This is too weird!! My dogs feet smell like Frito's too!! I actually find it a very comforting scent, when I can smell their Frito Paws... :-) And I do nuzzle and kiss teh top of their paws. They are soft and clean there. The bottom of the paws, I dont kiss LOL. Sometimes it makes me hungry, smelling those Fritos...

I don't know about you people!!!! I love my dogs a lot, but I must admit I have never, I repeat, never, smelled their feet!!! I'm not sure I want to. I have admitted to Lilly's cracked and rough feet, but I have never smelled them!
    I think if I need to inhale the Frito smell, I'll go buy a bag!! And I'll be glad to share a few with my furry friends.

Thanks for a great laugh on a Friday morning!!!

Ok, I can't quit giggling at my desk, and my coworkers are going to think I'm crazy. I just sent my parents the following email:

"Please smell both of the dogs' paws and let me know if they smell like Fritos. There are a couple of people on a Pet Talk bulletin board that claim dogs' paws smell this way."

I'm imagining their faces upon reading it!

I am STILL LAUGHING! Only in Pet Talk.... Logan, you crack me up! Ask Helen to take a whiff for you!! Tho I doubt she will! I often thought of a Saltine cracker too! Here, all these years, I thought I was the only one! Smilla, you parents are going to either laugh or commit you! I swear..who would think.. It feels so GOOD to laugh this hard. THANKS! I'll never devour Fritos in the same way again!! I'll be eating Puppy Paws!!!

OK guys, stop, I'm peeing my pants!
    You know what I'm going to do when I get home this afternoon, don't you? I'll let you know if they smell like Fritos or not!

OK girls, you're continuing to crack me up. In fact, I've opened this site 2 times since reading about Frito Feet! I just have to see what else you crazy people admit to.

I was thinking about it more....Lilly loves to eat and she constantly licks her feet and then smells them. Maybe she is a Frito fan and I never knew it!

I agree with Karen. I will never think of Fritos the same way again!

On another Bulletin Board I participate in, we discussed the same thing not long ago, but they all thought their feet smelled like popcorn!!
    Su

Well, surprisingly enough, my mom was a real trouper and evidently gave the dogs' paws a sniff. She had this to report:

"NO! If Fritos smelled like their feet I wouldn't eat them."

I did say they were country dogs! I forwarded the whole exchange to my sister, who was quite tickled by it...though she did inquire whether or not we all had too much time on our hands!

Ok, it is 440p and I am crying with laughter! This had to be the BEST TOPIC in a long time. Had lots of fun today! Smilla, your mom's reply was HYSTERICAL, kudos to her for doing it!! She must really love you like only a mother can! Hey Happy...Hurry home and smell their feet!! Can't wait for your opinion!!! Carrie must be tsking, tsking at us Americans! (Canadians too!) Can't WAIT to hear from HER!!! THANKS FOR A RIB-TICKLING DAY! XOXO

OK, now it's my turn! I'm the one who can't stop lauging!! If my post was funny, all your responses were funnier. Really, I'm on the floor; I think I'm gonna pee in my pants. You're replys made my day. The only other thing recently that made me laugh THAT hard was an attachment Rachel sent me on Halloween. It was of a big, fat, nasty faced carved pumpkin pucking out it's pits through its big mouth. She said it reminded her of my Star, "eater of all things," throwing up the squirrel. What a friend! Who knew that on this forum I would meet so many "canine comediennes.!" Oh Happy Day! Seriously though, I don't actually stick their paws up my nose to smell them; usually it's more of a pleasant emanation from a short distance. And you may be right Similla. Star and Cody have refused to reset their canine clocks to Eastern Std. Time. Revelee is a 4AM not 5!! What silly thoughts come into your head at that hour!. A little voice kept urging me, post....post Anyway, FYI, on a scale of 1-10, tonite the frito meter flashes for Star: 9 Cody: 10!!!
    P.S.: Star and I start agility class Sunday. Wish us luck! (God give me strength and pray no rodents cross our path)

Oh my god i thought i was the only one who smelled their dogs feet. But my dogs feet smell more like butterd popcorn than Fritos

I love that smell!!! People who don't love dogs must think we are crazy