Thread: NYC ANIMAL CONTROL: TONIGHT must be pulled - Emaciated, dehydrated poor old boy : Jake -orange tiger- sweet 10 years old

NYC ANIMAL CONTROL: TONIGHT must be pulled - Emaciated, dehydrated poor old boy : Jake -orange tiger- sweet 10 years old

For more information on a particular cat, email [email protected] but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person. Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions.

*MUST PULL TONIGHT*
    SUPER URGENT- NEED OUT NOW!!

Name:  jake.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  34.5 KB

JAKE - ID#A0950525 at Manhattan ACC. 10 yrs. old. A technician (Kevin) reports that "he is a stray, no owner, no one signed for him, no microchip, no collar. Missing all teeth except left lower premolar and upper right molar.."
    He is such a poor, needy boy.. Looks like he never had chance in his life for good or happy days! He deserves a warm home, care, food and love! Please help him!

*MUST PULL TONIGHT*
    SUPER URGENT- NEED OUT NOW!!
    Manhattan Center

JAKE - ID#A0950525

I am an unaltered male, orange tiger and white Domestic Shorthair mix.

The shelter staff think I am about 10 years old.

I weigh 3 pounds.

I was found in NY 11385.

MEDICAL:

Initial:

SCAN NEGATIVE

ACO (Kevin) reports that he is a stray, no owner, no one signed for him, no microchip, no collar.

S: Dull, Difficult to elicit a response even with painful stimulus

O: EENT: Per technician missing all teeth except left lower premolar and upper right molar

Temp 101.6, Pulse 140, Resp 24

Bladder palpates normally

Kidneys small

Musculoskeletal: Muscles tense, head kept in star gazing position. Palpated limbs and did not feel fracture or signs of trauma

A: Illness/Injury, Anemia of Unknown Origin

P: Panleukopenia Test Negative

Intravenous Catheter

Fluid Therapy LRS IV

30 ml/ hr for first hour (1/3 Shock volume over 1 hour ) then

6ml/hr (1.5 x maintenance)

Urinalysis Strip Stick

Bilirubin +++

Proetin +

Leukocyte ++

pH 6

Specific Gravity 1.030

CBC and Chem Anomalous Readings

RBC 4.73 (5 - 10)

HCT 20 (30 - 50)

HGB 7.9 (9 - 15)

Retic 73 (3 - 50)

Crea 0.5 (0.8 -2.4)

Cl 131 (112 - 129)

Re-Exam:

S: Dull, Difficult to elicit a response even with painful stimulus

SCAN NEGATIVE

ACO (Kevin) reports that he is a stray, no owner, no one signed for him, no microchip, no collar.

O: EENT: Neurological Exam: Pupils fixed and dilated OU

When lifted she does not extend feet. Feet are kept tucked under body. Legs have slight withdrawl response to pain.

Per technician missing all teeth except left lower premolar and upper right molar

Temp 101.6, Pulse 140, Resp 24

Bladder mildly full this morning and was expressed to insure no urinary obstruction

Kidneys small

Musculoskeletal: Muscles tense, head kept in star gazing position. Palpated limbs and did not feel fracture or signs of trauma

A: Central Neurological Defiticits: Illness/Injury, Anemia of Unknown Origin, Dehydration, Emaciation

P: Recommend Neurological Exam, Radiographs: Head, Thorax, Abdomen

Panleukopenia Test Negative

Intravenous Catheter

Fluid Therapy LRS IV

Changed fluids to 10ml/hr (2.5 x maintenance 9:45 AM

(30 ml/ hr for first hour (1/3 Shock volume over 1 hour ) then

6ml/hr (1.5 x maintenance) overnight)

Testing on 11/6 9:00 PM

Urinalysis Strip Stick

Bilirubin +++

Proetin +

Leukocyte ++

pH 6

Specific Gravity 1.030

CBC and Chem Anomalous Readings

RBC 4.73 (5 - 10)

HCT 20 (30 - 50)

HGB 7.9 (9 - 15)

Retic 73 (3 - 50)

Crea 0.5 (0.8 -2.4)

Cl 131 (112 - 129)

ALL LOCATIONS:

For more information on adopting please read the following:https://www.facebook.com/PetsOnDeath...3713168?ref=ts

DO NOT call the shelter and say you are adopting unless you truly intend on physically going to the shelter to adopt the cat. It ties up phones lines and is a waste of the staff's time to explain the adoption procedure over the phone for someone who is purposely not going to show up. They need every free second of their time to answer calls, assist actual adopters, process intakes, and care for the animals. More importantly, they will note the cats’s file that an adopter is en route which will prevent an actual adopter from saving the cat. This is considered a "fake adoption" hold and that is how animals fall through the cracks and end up being killed.

For more information on a particular cat, email [email protected] but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person. Please do not email for status updates... the only thing you will accomplish is spamming their in boxes and causing REAL adopter emails to go un-noticed. Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions

"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
    - Mark Twain
    "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one small creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up?"...
    Charles Dickens >^.^<
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I wrote to someone I've been corresponding with who rescues neuro cats from the Manhattan ACC (boy, does that place have a bad reputation!) and asked if there were rescues who focused on the older cats. I'll post her response, although I don't hold out much hope for Jake. This guy is so pathetic; his medical description is really bad so euthanasia might be kindest. They euthanize lots of young, friendly, healthy cats there every day. I'd love to see him pulled and taken to a vet for care. He's licking his paw even though he must be feeling terrible.

Thank you, Lizzie. That poor guy, it would be so nice if someone could take him and give him some real love and kindness and gentle care, even if it turned out not to be for long. God bless Jake.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I doubt if he got out. Emily sent me a list of rescues and the types of cats they focus on. None of them focus on elderly cats. She said it depends on any cat getting a hero, someone who sees a cat on the list and swoops in quickly to pull. The ACC doesn't make it easy. I could look at the list but don't want to see "Gone, but not forgotten" next to his name. I'd rather think about all the ones those NY rescues are getting out.

Thank you, Lizzie.

I'd rather think about the ones that get out too, than have my heart broken over and over by those who didn't make it due to human cruelty/stupidity/selfishness.

God bless you, Jake, wherever you are.
    Death thought about it.