Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here we go again........

So a lot has happened since I last checked in. I got a trap at Harbor Freight for $20.00, so I thought it would be a piece of cake to catch this little one now! Yeah, right!!!!! Turns out he must be so tiny yet that he doesn't trip the trap - drat! I've gone thought 2 cans of cat food a day, and every time I go back the food is gone but the trap is still wide open. I figured at the very least, with all the food he's been getting, pretty soon he'll gain enough weight to trip the trap. until then, to help things along, I put some rocks gently on the plate that trips the lid, just to add a little weight to help the little one along.

So, tonight we're eating dinner and the phone rings. It's the people next door to where the trap is. They tell me he's in the trap - I've caught him! Hooray! Hop in the golf cart and away I go. Pull in the lot, shine the lights on the trap and oh s**t, that's no little kitten, that's a full blown adult feral, rolling around trying to get out and hissing at me - oh s**t!!!

Well, I'm already committed, so I covered the cage and the cat calmed down. I was able to get it home and animal control will be here in the morning to pick him/her up. This is NOT what I signed up for! needless to say, this kitty is NOT Robin's succession plan!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh, goodness, well, TNR one cat at a time until kitten appears?
    I've Been Frosted

Keep it up. That little fellow is just pulling the string along so you fall completely head over heels for him before he agrees to be caught in the trap.

If the big adult cat got the food, the little one is probably very hungry by now. Maybe if you only set up the trap
    when you see the little one around. Set the trap and move back away from it while the cat is drawn in by the tasty
    aroma of fish or whatever. Then cover with a towel & bring him home. If it doesn't work, take the trap home & try
    again later. Best of luck winning him/her over.

The spring trap hook sometimes can stick a bit & doesn't release the spring when they step on the metal plate.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Perhaps while big cat is at animal control, you can catch little cat, who won't be so afraid to come out?

Good luck with your mission.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I feel like I have been reading a really good book and just now find someone has removed the final pages.

I hope this story ends well.

Debbie, I hope you get him/her soon! What's gonna happen to the one you caught? Tell us more!

Best of luck!!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I feel your pain, girl. Ever try a "drop trap". While they're busy eating, you gently pull a rope, while keeping an eye on the trap, and it'll drop over him. There's a small "hatch" door to hook a carrier up to it to remove him from the trap.

Remember when I Lil Eli, the feral kitten Ramanth caught? He fell through my living room screen when I was living in MI. It took me 5 nights of trapping the same, sappy big fat white and black cat before I realized he was hiding out in a crawl space to the basement.

Good luck, Deb and Terry. PLEASE keep us posted!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers and loving good wishes for all concerned..

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sorry, so much going on I forgot to post.

I brought the big honking male in the trap home that night and animal control was supposed to come in the morning to pick him up. However, in the morning I had to make a phone call back to them so they didn't come because.......he was gone! The towel I used to cover him was torn and laying there and he was gone! I couldn't imagine how, but he must have fought so much the trap door came open and he was gone. Couldn't believe it.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of him or the kitten since. It's like it was all a bad dream and never really happened......weird.

So, that's the end of the story. Not a good ending, not a bad ending, but one that leaves you hanging on....maybe waiting for "Resort Cats 2"?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl