View Poll Results: Who will win the presidential election?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • B. Obama

22 47.83%
  • M. Romney

13 28.26%
  • "None of the Above" would be nice

6 13.04%
  • Too close to call

3 6.52%
  • Doesn't really matter to me, since nothing will change for the better, anytime soon

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the election - POLL

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Who will win the election - POLL

Who do YOU think is going to win the upcoming presidential election - and why?? - if you care to elaborate on it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I voted Obama but it is very close and who knows. I wish folks would remember we were on the brink of a depression when he took over, they tend to expect miracles and it takes time to undo the mess he had to clean up.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I personally think that Pres Obama will be around for another 4 years, simply because too many people are too lazy to even take the time to really look closely at Mr Romney and see what he is all about, whereas they do have "some" knowledge of our present president. Apathy may prove to be a bigger factor than it should.

ETA: And who am I voting for??? It's not necessarily what it would seem from the above statement. Only me and my voting booth will know.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 10-23-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I honestly don't care anymore. That probably sounds bad, actually yeah it does sound bad, because I should care, but personally, I'm constantly sickened by the morals of some people whenever election time comes around. I "never" get excited about it and probably never will. I really just can't wait for it to be over, personally.

When I said I voted Obama I meant your poll, I haven't voted for anybody yet.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I posted this prediction on another forum:

Pres Obama will narrowly win re-election.

43 seats in Congress will change hands, but it will either be a wash or a slight gain for the Democrats, yielding another 2 years of fools like Chairman Issa in control of the house.

As such, the hyper partisan atmosphere will continue, and absolutely nothing will change.

My longer term prediction is that in 2014, 50-75% of the electorate will simply forget that the actually important offices (those of the Congress) are up for vote again, and 25% of the population will again decide who has the reins of power, yielding another 2 years of stagnation by a group of supposed leaders mroe concerned with party than country.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Having lived through the Romney years in Mass, we are in BIG trouble if he wins.

I have already voted

Michigan has 5 or 6 reasons for giving out absentee ballots - I fit in the age bracket. Personally, I don't think you should have to give a reason - why can't we just vote early? I heard on the radio today that Ohio residents have already cast over 800,000 votes.

From what I have heard on the news, the polling has them very close. I don't think I would want to be the next president if I knew that half of the people who voted, didn't vote for me. Early voting started yesterday in Illinois. I wish I could vote on line instead of having to go to the polling place and queue up for a machine.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I don't even care any more. I've been on this earth through 40 years and a lot of presidents. My family has never been homeless, hopeless, or broke, no matter who the prez was or how much the American public complained about them.

The point I was making above is that the President DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!

Laws passed by Congress actually run the country.

The amusing thing about Presidential elections is that we're arguing about what the drapes should be made out of while the roof is falling in due to a Congress who is more interested in delaying accountability for anything than coming up with solutions.

There is NO leadership in Congress.

Until there is. we're not solving anything.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I posted this prediction on another forum:

Pres Obama will narrowly win re-election.

43 seats in Congress will change hands, but it will either be a wash or a slight gain for the Democrats, yielding another 2 years of fools like Chairman Issa in control of the house.

As such, the hyper partisan atmosphere will continue, and absolutely nothing will change.

My longer term prediction is that in 2014, 50-75% of the electorate will simply forget that the actually important offices (those of the Congress) are up for vote again, and 25% of the population will again decide who has the reins of power, yielding another 2 years of stagnation by a group of supposed leaders mroe concerned with party than country.
    I so agree. I wonder if a multi-party system would encourage more cooperation.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

a close election

I think the election will be close, but Mit Romney I think will emerge the winner. A lot of people in this country have lost faith in Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The point I was making above is that the President DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!
    Whoever is elected President in November is most likely going to be appointing at least one new Supreme Court Justice, if not more.

In other words, this time around anyway, it matters a great deal who will be elected President.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Whoever is elected President in November is most likely going to be appointing at least one new Supreme Court Justice, if not more.

In other words, this time around anyway, it matters a great deal who will be elected President.

Excellent point. SCOTUS affects our every day lives more than the President does.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt