View Poll Results: Who will win the presidential election?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • B. Obama

22 47.83%
  • M. Romney

13 28.26%
  • "None of the Above" would be nice

6 13.04%
  • Too close to call

3 6.52%
  • Doesn't really matter to me, since nothing will change for the better, anytime soon

2 4.35%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the election - POLL

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I don't even care any more. I've been on this earth through 40 years and a lot of presidents. My family has never been homeless, hopeless, or broke, no matter who the prez was or how much the American public complained about them.

Just wanted to say that you & your family are very lucky people.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The President can nominate the SCOTUS judges, however, as we have seen with many nominations in the past, ideologically pure candidates don't normally make it through the Senate confirmation process.

If the President is handed a Congress with a narrow majority, or a minority in the upper house, then they have to moderate their choices for the court.

As several nominees who have been appointed to the court have shown, (Souter, Breyer) even those chosen by a President who has a majority in the Senate don't often stay on the ideological reservation.

The President could nominate Herr Schickelgruber to the SCOTUS, but that doesn't mean they're ever going to sit on the bench.,
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I voted Obama but it is very close and who knows. I wish folks would remember we were on the brink of a depression when he took over, they tend to expect miracles and it takes time to undo the mess he had to clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Having lived through the Romney years in Mass, we are in BIG trouble if he wins.
    I agree with both of you.

Let us pet lovers remember that Romney is the man who placed his Irish Setter in a dog carrier on the roof of his station wagon for a 12-hour trip to Lake Huron. I COULD NEVER EVER vote for a man who did this to his pet no matter what.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/dog.asp

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    A lot of people in this country have lost faith in Obama.
    But isn't that the way it always is? People vote in a new president, and then expect miracles to happen almost overnight, and when they don't (of course), then they get the mindset of "kick the bum out and get Mr New President in here and he'll do the job right". Oh sure.........don't we wish it was that simple??? The only thing that's simple, is the way of thinking of these people.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I will be glad when the election season is over, and I get fewer calls for political robocallers, and this time around, I have even gotten junk mail - I mean ads - from both sides of the close Senate contest. I usually don't get much, as I am registered as an "unenrolled" voter, which when I first did it, meant I got virtually NO junk mail, which was great! For a short time, someone had mistakenly put me down as one party, and I got swamped, I quickly went to City Hall and switched back to "unenrolled" as in, "I'll vote how I want to vote, thanks!"
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I will be glad when the election season is over, and I get fewer calls for political robocallers, and this time around, I have even gotten junk mail - I mean ads - from both sides of the close Senate contest. I usually don't get much, as I am registered as an "unenrolled" voter, which when I first did it, meant I got virtually NO junk mail, which was great! For a short time, someone had mistakenly put me down as one party, and I got swamped, I quickly went to City Hall and switched back to "unenrolled" as in, "I'll vote how I want to vote, thanks!"
    I'm with ya, Karen, as I'm not registered as a Democrat or Republican either, so I get the junk mail and calls from all parties. And as far as who I vote for - I just say "the lesser of the 2 evils"!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I, for one, can't wait for november 7th because all those political commercials will FINALLY be off my tv screen!

I keep the television off most of the time now, the commercials are driving me crazy. Iowa is a swing state and the polls show a tight race here, so we are bombarded. It was reported that there are 1558 political commercials on Iowa television every day. Not to mention the fact that Obama, Romney, Ryan and Biden are all practically living here - all for six electoral votes.

Pat Paulsen!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Pat Paulsen!
    RICHARD, Pat Paulsen would've beat BOTH of them!!

Although I have not voted, I would vote for Obama. Being that I live in UTAH, I know my vote for Obama has no say, and honestly don't want to bother going to vote. I know, I know, I should exercise my rights. No way in h*ll would a Democrat be even close to winning a vote here in Utah, especially when a mormon is in the running . This is also why I hate the electoral college process.

Although Obama isn't perfect, he certainly isn't bad. I don't like Romney, and I don't agree with A LOT of what he says.

I have no doubt that Obama will win. Too many people dislike Romney, especially among the younger generation.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    Although I have not voted, I would vote for Obama. Being that I live in UTAH, I know my vote for Obama has no say, and honestly don't want to bother going to vote. I know, I know, I should exercise my rights. No way in h*ll would a Democrat be even close to winning a vote here in Utah, especially when a mormon is in the running . This is also why I hate the electoral college process.

Although Obama isn't perfect, he certainly isn't bad. I don't like Romney, and I don't agree with A LOT of what he says.

I have no doubt that Obama will win. Too many people dislike Romney, especially among the younger generation.
    I read a couple of days ago that in Salt Lake City itself, Obama is actually leading Romney in the polls.

One of my worries is that Romney will win the popular vote but Obama will win the electoral vote. Although the last time this happened (Bush / Gore) there wasn't much of a stink; but I'll bet if Romney loses that way there will be quite ruckus. So in that regard, every vote counts when you tally up that popular vote.

As one who has long favored abolishing the electoral college, I've been told that "if the electoral college goes, no presidential candidate will bother setting foot in Iowa again ... " which, I can tell you, might not be such a bad thing!

Without the Electoral College, a candidate could theoretically campaign in urban population centers and never give one whit of consideration to anyone outside a city.

The electoral college ensures that ALL states have a say in the election of the President.

As to not voting because "your vote doesn't count"? Find a 3rd party candidate you like and maybe help push that party over the (IIRC) 5% bar so they can get matching funding for the next election cycle.

By the by, I'll see your Pat Paulsen and raise you a Lyndon LaRouche.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Of course, I can't vote in the US, but if I could it would definitely be B. Obama! I'm glad to see that the American people I know here, will too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Taylor Swift has another broken heart and you are all worried about who is going to be prez for the next 4 years......

That's really creepy.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.