View Poll Results: Who will win the presidential election?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • B. Obama

22 47.83%
  • M. Romney

13 28.26%
  • "None of the Above" would be nice

6 13.04%
  • Too close to call

3 6.52%
  • Doesn't really matter to me, since nothing will change for the better, anytime soon

2 4.35%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the election - POLL

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy_Lee View Post
    Didn't you vote for Hope and Change four years ago?
    Yes I did and thank god we did get some hope and change, our economy was on the brink of a full depression thanks to president Bush, considering how you started your side of this debate I wouldn't think you deserve any response.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Yes I did and thank god we did get some hope and change, our economy was on the brink of a full depression thanks to president Bush, considering how you started your side of this debate I wouldn't think you deserve any response.
    You go, Mom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    You go, Mom!!
    Thanks daughter!

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The Pentagon hasn't requested battleships in decades, and the ones they did have were forced on them by Congress under Reagan to create the 600 ship Navy.

Next?

Congress's meddling combined with BuShips ineptitude wastes billion annually. Before they spend another dime they should fix the procurement system.
    Please, isn't it shameful enough for Obama to blame George Bush for his failures. For you to blame Reagan is absurd. If you would like to dig up historic dirt, try remembering the presidential DNA of Bill Clinton and lying under oath.

It's far from absurd to bring up Reagan, particularly in the context mentioned.

Pres. Reagan and Sec.Def wanted a 600 ship Navy.

The US didn't have the yard construction assets to make it reality, however, there were 4 perfectly good Iowa class hulls available sitting in mothballs.

Solution? Upgrade and restore the Iowas to service, giving the US the number of hulls Pres. Reagan wanted in the fleet. The Navy, however, did not want them. They are far too manpower intensive for their taste, but they were forced on the Navy by Congress and others.

You mentioned Battleships.

The only battleships in service since WW2 are the 4 Iowas.

That's their tale, Pres. Reagan was directly involved.

Please, converse as an adult and stop trying to twist statements. If you can't discuss issues in an adult manner without deriding people who disagree with you and can easily back up those disagreements with proof in the form of facts, maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

What you got was a 16+ TRILLION dollar deficit with nothing to show for it. The Democratic congress railroaded Bush into the unwise decision of relaxing the need for a good credit rating to qualify for a mortgage. When they all defaulted was when the recession started and was the cause of it.

My first post was a list of observations, not debate.

If you would like to debate I will entertain your wishes. But I expect you will respond by saying "I wouldn't think you deserve any response". This strategy gives you a fealing of taking the moral high ground while avoiding any serious discussion. A tried and true liberal strategy.

It's far from absurd to bring up Reagan, particularly in the context mentioned.

Pres. Reagan and Sec.Def wanted a 600 ship Navy.

The US didn't have the yard construction assets to make it reality, however, there were 4 perfectly good Iowa class hulls available sitting in mothballs.

Solution? Upgrade and restore the Iowas to service, giving the US the number of hulls Pres. Reagan wanted in the fleet. The Navy, however, did not want them. They are far too manpower intensive for their taste, but they were forced on the Navy by Congress and others.

You mentioned Battleships.

The only battleships in service since WW2 are the 4 Iowas.

That's their tale, Pres. Reagan was directly involved.

Please, converse as an adult and stop trying to twist statements. If you can't discuss issues in an adult manner without deriding people who disagree with you and can easily back up those disagreements with proof in the form of facts, maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion?
    Please show me where I derided you. I merely disagreed. Are you overly sensitive to disagreement?

Your first post in this thread was at once juvenile and derisive. After that, all posts are viewed in that light.

You also automatically assume that anyone who doesn't agree with your jingostic pap is a liberal.

Again, false, and to assume so (as you do repeatedly in your responses) is completely juvenile. I think you're missing the second hour of Savage Nation, so please, don't let us distract you.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Please show me where I derided you. I merely disagreed. Are you overly sensitive to disagreement?
    Can you read your above sentence? How immature is this?

And no what I got was a president that slowed the recession and stopped an economic collapse, he saved wall street, he saved the auto industry, he ended the war in Iraq, he relaxed anti american sentiment around the world and he is on the verge of passing universal health care.

I have been frosted!

Your first post in this thread was at once juvenile and derisive. After that, all posts are viewed in that light.

You also automatically assume that anyone who doesn't agree with your jingostic pap is a liberal.

Again, false, and to assume so (as you do repeatedly in your responses) is completely juvenile. I think you're missing the second hour of Savage Nation, so please, don't let us distract you.
    I'll have to conclude that you cannot show me where I derided you then.

Can you read your above sentence? How immature is this?

And no what I got was a president that slowed the recession and stopped an economic collapse, he saved wall street, he saved the auto industry, he ended the war in Iraq, he relaxed anti american sentiment around the world and he is on the verge of passing universal health care.
    Is it so unfathomable that I may have wanted to apologize if I had indeed derided that poster? I will let you answer your own question as to how immature it is to want to maintain a civil exchange.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hey Buddy_Lee --- did you actually vote in my poll or are you just using this thread to get up on your soapbox and spout off? Perhaps you should change "a little crabby", to "just a big old crab".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'll have to conclude that you cannot show me where I derided you then.
    Your first post was derisive to everyone who disagrees with you. It basically stated that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, and can't back up an argument but will instead run away in tears without discussing.

Quit being a condescending, smarmy fool.

14. Having a discussion with a Democrat is like having a discussion with your Ex-wife. If you say anything they disagree with you get cursed, called names (ignorant and bully are popular these days), then they run away in tears to plot your death.
    Applause...applause!! Insulting women and people who disagree with you at once! Is "retard*" one of those names called?

One good thing about living in California - very few national political ads! But, and I can only speak for the radio, we are inundated with commericals for "initiatives". This baffles me. If you are going to elect people to govern - why all the initiatives? I totally do not trust any of the initiatives. I was once asked to sign a petition for a ballot initiative to change someone from having a defined benefit pension plan to a defined contribution pension plan. I replied I would sign it if the person could tell me the difference. They could not. They get paid for each signature they get! There is someone behind the initiative with a bunch of money who stands to personally gain from the initiative (in my non-aligned opinion!)

I was told when I registered to vote here eight years ago that if I did not register Republican the person doing the registration would not get paid. Haven't registered with a party since my first registration at 18 - not about to start now. Guess he didn't get paid!

*reference to Ann Coulter - extreme conservative "celebrity" who called the President of the United States a "retard" after the last debate.

I don't understand the voting system you have... do you really need to tell someone who (or what party) you vote for? Here, everybody get a voting card by snail mail, you bring that to the school where you vote, queue up and give it to the person sitting by one of several numbered tables (it says on your card which table you go to). Then you give the person your card, he/she finds you on a list, you get crossed off and you get your list with all the parties, then you go into a box and put your cross. Outside, you put that in a big box, and someone is watching you during the whole procedure. That's how we do it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.