Thread: MESQUITE, TX: HOMES NEEDED!!! Cats ranging from ages 6 months and up!

MESQUITE, TX: HOMES NEEDED!!! Cats ranging from ages 6 months and up!

Keli Halteman of Halteman's Haven, which recently closed down, has cats now that need homes:

HOMES NEEDED!!!
    Cats ranging from ages 6 months and up!
    We have NO place to do adoptions!
    Please Please Share!

These guys are all 6-8 months. They have great personalities!
    1. Prince Charming; 2. Booie; 3. Mr. Goodbar; 4. Snickers; 5. Legna; 6. Alladin and Booie; 7. Moma Cat; 8. Adam; 9. Jackie

There are still about 10 or so more that need homes.. they're older.

WE'RE BROKE!
    Obviously we are receiving minimal donations. We are still constantly going to the vet. We had a round of URI with the younger ones last month and took everything we had.
    We did have a successful online auction that helped us raise more funds, but then one of our previous adopted kittens became very ill along with one of the older ones and an emergency injury.
    We paid over $400 just last week on vet bills.

This basically wiped us out.

We are still NOT taking any in, but, there was an abandoned 4 wk old kitten in the parking lot of Kroger that people kept walking over, I couldn't leave him there.. His name is Diddy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diddy.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	55253

He was extremely emaciated, full of fleas, hardly any hair and a scratched eye. He is on eye drops for the eye but doesn't seem to be getting better, but not getting worse. He is now chubby and his hair is growing back. He will be a long hair with silver tips.. Going to be gorgeous!

Then an emergency situation came with another black male with his tail in bad shape. His name is Sanchez.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanchez1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	55254 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanchez2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	55255

Severe injury to his tail, running consistent high fever, not walking very well.. then we discovered that he might have had flea spray put on him that was specified to be used outdoors on grass... so poison is a concern. We cannot do anything about his tail at this time as his fever is not letting go.

And for those of you on Facebook, we are doing another auction. Most of the items are of jewelry that Keli handmade herself. If you are interested, click here: https://www.facebook.com/haltemanshavenrescue You will need to "like" the page in order to view the items.

WE HATE TO ASK
    But we have no choice. If you can spare a dollar or two, it would be greatly appreciated! http://www.haltemanshaven.org/Donations.html.

Thank you,
    Keli and Marla

P.S.
    If anyone is interested in one of our babies, please let us know. We have the lowest adoption fee of anyone around! If you are one of our donors, your adoption fee is waived!!! This goes for your friends and/or family. We just want homes for our babies!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Donation sent. Some of the photos are just heartbreaking.
    Thank you for bringing them to our attention.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Thank YOU, Lisa. Every contribution helps the dear kitties.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Pat ~ I heard back from the rescue. I sent them links to IMOM.org
    They often help raise funds for qualified rescues http://www.imom.org/fa/rescue.htm

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Donation sent. Some of the photos are just heartbreaking.
    Thank you for bringing them to our attention.
    Did you see the big white cat (can't remember name) who was beaten with a baseball bat by teenage boys and then found to be FeLV+? What a heart-breaker. When I clicked on the link to his facebook page though, it was down - hopefully because he found a home. I'm opening my daylight basement for FeLV+ cats but can only afford two adoptions (the two others will be fosters so their vet care is covered/tax deductible) and I've already said I'd adopt one from New York and one from Virginia - otherwise I'd contact them about him.

It's great that you sent a donation, Lisa.

Thank you, Lisa and Lizzie!

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Yes that baby your asking about was Mogul && we have Flown Him To Denver CO to His New FurrEver Home.. I have been helping this group out too with Donations && I also took in 2 Blind & 2 Deaf Babies from them to help..

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Did you see the big white cat (can't remember name) who was beaten with a baseball bat by teenage boys and then found to be FeLV+? What a heart-breaker. When I clicked on the link to his facebook page though, it was down - hopefully because he found a home. I'm opening my daylight basement for FeLV+ cats but can only afford two adoptions (the two others will be fosters so their vet care is covered/tax deductible) and I've already said I'd adopt one from New York and one from Virginia - otherwise I'd contact them about him.

It's great that you sent a donation, Lisa.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thank you for the update on Mogul; what a great result! I sent an email because I really wanted to know what happened to him.

From their home page, it looks like this rescue is facing more than financial difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Yes that baby your asking about was Mogul && we have Flown Him To Denver CO to His New FurrEver Home.. I have been helping this group out too with Donations && I also took in 2 Blind & 2 Deaf Babies from them to help..
    Oh, that's wonderful news. Precious Mogul, safe at last.

Oh Helene, so good to see you here again!

Death thought about it.

Yes Lizzie That Rescue Was Shut Down By Mesquite Animal Control For Diff Reasons.. We Have All Pitched In Helping Them Place All Of The Cats At That Time Of Shut Down.. However These Two Ladies Are Very Good Loving Ladies && Are Just Trying To Help Place More Babies.. They Have Done Great Miracles With The Babies..

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Thank you for the update on Mogul; what a great result! I sent an email because I really wanted to know what happened to him.

From their home page, it looks like this rescue is facing more than financial difficulties.

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Keli responded to my email right away, which is great considering how busy and frazzled they must be. I don't believe she will mind my posting her response here:

Thank you for contacting us about Mogul. He was one special kitty to us, and yes, he now has a furever home. He was adopted by a lady in Colorado a few months back. She is now taking full care of him and also struggling with his vet bills.

His new page is located at http://www.facebook.com/MogulTheRescued?ref=ts&fref=ts Please go check him out. He is a wonderful little man. His new momma is continuing his treatment and he will soon be going into surgery again for his eye.

Bless all that you do,
    Keli and Marla

Hey There Pat && Babies.. Hope All Is Doing Great.. Hey Pat I Hope You Can Help The CH Baby Up In Windsor.. Lets Me Know Ok.. Huggssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh Helene, so good to see you here again!

Hi Helene, so much to tell you ... I've been meaning to get in touch with you just to catch up!

I lost my beloved boy Sydney last month.. kidney failure finally got him.

I'm communicating with the Windsor lady.. Debbie Martin is following this too.. we'll see what we can come up with. I'll keep you posted.

Again, it's so good to see you here again! You have been GREATLY missed.

Death thought about it.