Thread: Experienced Conure Owners

Experienced Conure Owners

Hi! So I've wanted a bird for a long time now and now that I'm finally getting into my own place and I have a stable job and schedule I figure why not look into adopting one now? I'm really just in the research part of all this I haven't made an commitments to get any kind of bird but I've been very interested in adopting a Conure. A Green Cheek Conure, to be exact. I was just hoping maybe someone here will be able to provide me some actual owner experience. What's your overall opinion on having a Conure? I know birds require LOADS of attention, time and patience and I am prepared to give it my all. I have plenty of space in my apartment and I've already looked up a bird specific vetrinarian and I have one not too far from me. I just wanna hear some real stories and opinions.

Thanks!!

Christy

Conures can be noisy, so be prepared for that! People I know had one, and ended up keeping in a separate room because it was so loud, though I think if they had paid it more attention, it might have not felt the need to scream quite as much! But it was also competing with a pretty barky Sheltie ...
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah I've heard they love screeching! lol thanks Karen!