My boyfriend and I just recently adopted two kittens. My boyfriend has a slight allergy to cats, although we knew this before. We've had the cats for a week and the only real symptom he's experienced is red, itchy eyes - the day after we brought them home, when he woke up in the morning. Taking allergy medication fixed this in 10 minutes. He also has asthma, although he hasn't had any problems with that yet. His eyes can be a bit pink at times, but other than that I don't think he's had any major reactions. Nothing serious.

Originally before getting the cats, we decided we would bathe them at least once a month to rid of any allergens as best as possible. My mom has a cat with extremely long hair, and gets a bath monthly.. So I figured this as possible. Only, now that I have the kittens, I'm afraid they'll hate me if I introduce them to water. I read that kittens have a hard time regulating their body temperatures, so I haven't bathed them yet. (They're 11 weeks old) And I'm not sure I want to... My mom's cat always forgives her for the baths, but I just don't know if I have the heart to do it to my kittens.

At the pet store we saw some lotion that you can rub on the cats to reduce allergens. I don't recall the name of it, but I'm assuming there are a few different products that do the same thing out there. My question is, do these really work? Has anyone used them? Are they safe for the cat? Or am I better off trying to bathe them?

Thanks!